Reasons

"I really have to go now," I laughed as we sat at a stall. Why am I laughing?

"Right now?" he asked. "But your drink's not finished yet," he said quite amused with how I was acting.

"Water! Would it be alright to have one more cup of water? And besides, I came here with you to calm myself down. You know, my face being red," I said, still laughing. I feel like I'm drunk.

He came close, "you're quite strong," he said in a whisper. The distance kept getting little as I notice it but the only thing I could do was smile.

"Ylva!" I heard Tristan scream. He rushed beside me and grabbed the collar of the man who was about to steal a kiss from me. "Mind your own business, Lance," he warned.

"Hi Tristan," I said smiling at him.

He looked at me and asked Lance, "what did you put in her drink?"

"Something we both use to lure in our source of strength," Lance said as he shoved Tristan's hand from his collar and smiled at me.

"She's not just a source, she's my source of strength so back off."

"Woah there, wolf boy," Lance said holding both of his hands up. "Good thing you came in time. I could've made this young lady mine." He stood up and patted my head with a genuine smile, "bye, silly girl." He then looked at Tristan, "be more careful of her," he warned. "I like her."

Tristan then sat in front of me and cupped my face between his hands, "are you okay? He didn't do anything, right? How many did you drink?"

"A very cold cup of water," I said, giggling.

"Don't slap me, okay? I'll have to get you back to your senses." He then leaned in and kissed me. No, it wasn't that of yearning to have strength, it was like that of a gentle caress. It lasted more than it should have, both of us being caught up in that moment. He pulled away as we both felt that he was starting to take away some of my strength, "I'm sorry," he said looking down. He looked up at me with complete concern reflecting on his beautiful face. "You're still red. Are you feeling any better?" he asked.

I sat there completely looking like an idiot. "Y-yeah. I'm fine, thank you," I nodded as I realized it was taking me too long to answer. "What did he put in my drink and why was he planning to kiss me?"

"Remember when I said that there are others like me?"

I nodded, "yeah."

"Well, you could say he was one of that others."

"What do you mean?"

"There are two kinds of wolves," he explained, "the one who tries to survive, and the one who kills. I'm the one who tries to survive and he's the one who kills."

"By killing you mean?"

"Stealing away our energy source." He sighed, "you see, when our kind kisses an energy source, it's like placing our territory on them; that's also the reason why I knew you were in trouble. But the moment another of our kind kisses the source we have, we wouldn't be able to take any of their energy anymore."

"It's like their stealing your food source, right?"

"Yes, exactly." He continued, "but in our situation right now, we can't afford something like that to happen. Your energy is the only food my body accepts. Now that's the killing part; if they take you, I wouldn't be able to survive."

I smiled, "that sounds nice, but in all actuality it doesn't." I couldn't hide the pain I was feeling and started to tear up, "You're just using me to survive, Tristan. This past month has always been about you and your selfish ways, do you even realize that? And I was so gullible to think that you're actually starting to like me." I stood up and walked away from him. I was there, a few meters away looking at him, hoping he'd tell me I was wrong or that he was sorry, but all he did was sit there and look disappointed.