Unpredicted

It's been two weeks since I last talked to Tristan. Why am I even worrying? I'm just a thing he could use to survive. But still, why didn't he tell me it wasn't what I thought or that he's sorry and make up for it? Why isn't he doing anything? If this is a game of who-has-the-biggest-pride, then it's a challenge I accept.

At lunch break, I got up the rooftop and allowed myself to drift off in the world wherein I need not to worry about anything.

"Lovely seeing you again, silly girl," a man from behind me said.

"You're that guy who gave me that drink," I said pointing at him.

"I haven't introduced myself properly," he said as he approached, "I'm Lance, nice to meet you," he reached out his hand.

"I'm Ylva," I said as I shook hands with him.

"I'm sorry the other day, I didn't know you were," he paused before continuing as if to find the proper term, "imprinted." He looked at my hand and caressed it.

"I'm not," I shook my head and let go of his hand, "he is."

"Ah, I see. So you rather he didn't?"

"I rather you leave me alone," I glared.

"Feisty," he smiled. "It's such a beautiful day to be angry, don't be like that."

"When I happen to want peace, that's when you appear. Quite coincidental, isn't it?"

He took a step forward, "I don't really believe in coincidence, it's just a matter of deciding on things that you end up with where you are now."

"What do you want?"

"You," he took another step forward.

"I've already had a fight with a wolf, I don't need another," I said stepping back.

"You fought? I see. Is this perhaps the reason why you're so cranky?" He took another step forward.

"Stop where you are," I warned as I took a step back, the wall preventing me to go further away from him. "I'm going to scream."

"Lance, that's enough," Tristan warned as he opened the door. "Ylva, move around him."

I did as he said and went to his side. He then moved in front of me, protecting me from the gaze Lance was giving me.

"Such a protective wolf you are, Tristan," he chuckled.

"I believe you're desperate for energy, Lance," he mocked.

Lance then bent down, ready to attack, eyes never leaving Tristan's.

"I don't want to do this, Lance," Tristan warned.

"Too afraid to let her see what you really are, Tristan?" he smiled.

Tristan looked at me with worried eyes. He then bent down like how Lance did, ready if ever he attacks."I need not another activity to waste such an important energy," Tristan said, slowly being enthralled with the sudden adrenaline.