seventh page

note: i just made this for our school's newspaper. eventually, i was falling inlove with it so not just my ink poured out but also my heart

You Are Gold

     Is there a day when you feel so lost, lost between the lines of “I am fine” and “I am done”, Is there a day when you feel so miserable, to the point that you just want the pain to go away? Is there a day when you feel worthless as if you have no place on this planet? Is there a day when you feel everything but nothing all at once?

Refresh your memories, good and bad. Think of the things, the people you loved the most. Try to find your happy place, your comfort zone in them. Are you there yet? Do you see that mirror, in the middle of your haven? That mirror in front of you?  Its reflection is beautiful. It is smiling, so why can’t you? Smile not because you should but because you deserve it. Behind all the bad things you have done, the wrong turns you did and the imperfections you are trying to cover, there is still a heart of gold underneath those masks. Don’t do this to yourself. Don’t ever lower your value, you are just beautiful as it is. Don’t let people say otherwise, don’t let them silence your voice. You are a masterpiece waiting to be shown. If you feel tired, then rest you may. It’s not a sign of weakness, it’s a sign that you are breathing, that you are just a human. You are capable of doing things that you once thought are impossible, you just don’t see it yet.

It’s not too late to see your worth, it’s not too late to acknowledge that you aren’t perfect, that you are bound to make mistakes, it’s not too late to love yourself. It will never be too late.  Stop finding heroes in other people, start being one and save yourself. In this world of black and white, you are gold. You just gotta embrace it.