~ 2

"I don't need to prove it!"                     

"Yes, you do!"

"No I do not!"

"To prove you've won a gold metal at the Olympics, I surely think you'll need evidence of your winning."

"You're being totally unfair!"

"Am not!"

"Why would they need to actually see me perform the skill? I already know for a fact that I'm capable!"

"Well they don't know that!"

"So what! The point is that I believe in myself enough to earn it! It's called self confidence. Do they seriously need me to show them what I already fully know I can do?"

"Yes, that's the point! To take a risk and take the steps to prove that you actually possess the skill!"

Whirs of high pitched screams were thrown back and forth between the siblings, ricocheting and with no signs of coming to a halt anytime soon. This was not an unfamiliar scenario in their household; they were often victims of their claims being disapproved mainly by one other. Nine times out of ten, they were arguing about a topic that was not in any way, shape, or form relevant to anything else going on around them. It was like an uproar of crackling fire appearing in the middle of a prairie for no particular reason.

Neither Joseph nor Jeanette obtained any reason whatsoever to back down from their individual fixed beliefs. They were ones to disregard any absurdity about either of their claims as long as it was their own. They were twins, of course, and born stubborn. Altercations and disputes popped out of nowhere, like a squirrel unexpectedly scurrying across the road as you speed toward it, not even realizing it was hidden in the grass at the side of the road.