Butterbeer

"Butterbeer!" I exclaim in suprise. Jack smiled.

"I take it you've read the Harry Potter books?" He said "Or at least seen the movies and been to the world in Universal Studios?" I smile and nod. I had read th HP books at least 30 times. I had also been to Universal ONCE. Just ONCE. Which seemed silly because it was only 15 minutes from where I lived. And I had tasted Butterbeer. And now i remebered the taste.

"I didn't even know they made it here." I said taking another drink.

"Not on the menu." Jack replied. "You have to read the specific recipe." He unfolded a peice of paper and slid it across the table. I smiled as i read the ingredients.

"I take it you've read the HP books too?" I probably should have said Harry Potter. Only Fangirls and Fanboys say HP. But Jack just smiles and nods.

"Only obout 40 times." He says. Wow I think."I go to the themepark every once in a while." He admits.

"I've only ever been once when i was around 11." I say with a little laugh. Jack chokes on his butterbeer causing me to laugh again.

"ONLY ONCE?" he says so that the people nearest us turn towards us. "Unacceptable. Simply Unacceptable! You call yourself an HP fan and you've only gone to the theme park once? No absoelutly not. If we are going to be friends this will not fly. I am taking you to the theme park this weekend. Saturday. That's tomorrow."

Friends? I think as Jack pauses to take anbother drink of his coffee. Since when were we friends? He said IF. I reminded myself. And the HP theme park? Was he serious? I decided to ask him.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

"I do not joke about my fandoms." At that point I almost fell out of my chair. It was my turn to choke on my butterbeer.

"Fandoms?" I repeat. He frowns and nods his head.

"Pretty lame I know." He says a small smile that is not the same as his usual. I shake my head.

"Not at all." I whisper. HE smiles now bigger this time and stands up.

"I'm dead serious in other words. I'll see you tomorrow." He smiles shouldering his bag.

"Wait." I say scrambling to my feet. "I son't even know you." I complain. Jack laughed.

"You know my name. And that I like The Hunter and Harry Potter. And other books.

I bite my lip. "Other books?" I ask.

"'That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt." Jack says his old smile back platered on his face. He really does remind me of Augustus Waters.

"You like The Fault In Our Stars." I blurt.

"' And you say we don't know each other.'" Jack wuotes agian backing up this time. "Meet me there at noon." He calls over his shoulder. "If your coming that is." I sigh and get my own back. The sun has set and I should be heading home as well.