Chapter 1~ Broke Down

I am stuck working at Annie's PizzaRia all day today, I was supposed to work until 4 but my boss came in and told me that Kristy left early and that I had to take over her shift.

Don't get me wrong I love that bitch but she has problems going on with her family. Kristy is the type of girl who would drop everything if you needed her, but try to do the favor for her and she will tell you off about wasting your time trying to help her. You could talk to her about anything, she's the type of person who you can pour your whole heart into and she won't judge you, not even once. It's just that her family is so insane in the membrane I can't help but feel sorry for her.

Also, we are flatmates, we have been since we got out of high school. We were the best of friends back then and ever since me and our friend Lottie always knew that Kristy would crash on our couch. In the end, she ended up moving in with us.

Kristy, Lottie, and I originally lived in America, but when we got the money to move and make a living we made the crazy idea to leave America and move to Doncaster, England. Why? We still have no idea. To us it was the the best idea at the time, we wanted to get away from all the drama back home, and England was far enough away and a place we all wanted to go. So we did, we packed everything and left. That was 2 years ago.

I was going on my 2 hour overtime and I was tired, I wanted to go home, I wanted to sleep, have a nice hot cup of tea and just disappear from the world. No, that just couldn't happen, because at 6:00 pm the place was packed with people to get more pizza, maybe it was because of the crappy weather we've been having lately. Everything has been nothing but rain, everytime it rains, Kristy is late or calls out, she loves the rain.

"Ariana! Let's go! Your break ended 5 minutes ago! You have people at your table!" I turned around and made my way back inside the 'shack' as I called it.

"Ariana, you have the Shottek's at your table." I huffed and rolled my eyes. Doncaster was your typical place where everybody knew everyone, and the place where you never died of boredom because you were always getting into trouble. I picked up my pad and pen and made my way over to the table while plastering a fake smile on my face.

"Hiya Shottek's what can I get you guys for tonight?" I asked them with my pen ready. I was waiting for it, for someone to say that one thing that pisses everyone in the restaurant business off in this town.

"Do you have any bottled water?" asked Emily. There it was, that one question, why would a restaurant not have bottled water? It's just common sense really. And please when you live in this town everyone knows everything about everyone, your personal life is now everyone else's.

"Yes, we do have bottled water, it might just be hard to serve water if we didn't have it now wouldn't we?" the girl looked at me with hate in her eyes, I knew her she wasn't the smartest person in the school but she hated when people called her out on it. The rest of her so called friends laughed at her expense, while among them was Johnny, the schools heartthrob, he had his fist in front of his face trying to cover up the obvious smirk he had.

"Well then, in that case I'll have some water." she looked away and I took everyone elses order. As I walked back to the counter to put the order in the kitchen window, Kristy came running through the door.

"Hey Ariana, I'm so sorry. Ann just called me and told me that we are running low on people so I had to come in, I had to find a babysitter for my little cousin and, well, sorry." she looked genuinely worried that I would be mad at her so I just stood there and put my arm on her shoulder to comfort her. She stopped talking and looked up at me, "I'm babbling again aren't I?" I laughed and nodded my head.

"Yeah. And it's okay, I need the money anyway so it's fine." I shrugged my shoulders, even though this bothered me I wasn't going to show her that, she has enough going on in her life already as it is.