Not What We Expected

Today is day two of no school. Hopefully tomorrow we go back, but it depends on how bad the school is damaged.

I finish cleaning my room, it hasn't been cleaned in a few days.

Suddenly I hear a female's sob entering my room. It caught my attention. My hurt sunk when I realized who it was. "Korey what's wrong?"

"My..." It was hard for her to speak because of the sobbing. "Mother..." She plopped on my bed and her cries grew louder.

Did something happen to her mother? I sat on the edge of my bed and I stroked her hair. "Did something happen to your mother?"

She nodded and cried louder. I really want to know what happened!

Then our mother came in. "Korey, sweetie do you want to go see her?"

She got up slowly and she nodded.

"Mom, what's going on?"

"Just wait in the car."

We waited for Korey to leave the room. Once she left, my mom's face expression turned serious. "Marina, got into a serious car accident. She may be in the hospital for a month."

"God, that's terrible!" Wait, did she say a month? Nooooo! Korey can't stay she has to go! (A/N: John's thoughts are so funny! 😂)

"Yeah, I'll be back a bit later." She left my room.

I was in complete shock. I can't believe what Korey's mother went through and she may not make it. I gotta cheer up Korey, but how?

Maybe tell her how I feel about her? I don't think that will work.

I sat at my desk. I grab a piece of paper that was lying on my desk and a pen.

I sat there thinking about what I should write.

Not to long, ideas were flowing through my mind, so I started to write.

Dear Korey,

I cherish Ramsay Street, where we first met. The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were going to be a perfect friend. Recently, I have began to regard you as much more than a friend.

My feelings for you intensified when I saw you swinging in the moonlight. I was further wowed by your beauty.

You have lips like roses and the most adorable smile I've ever seen. When I look at you, I just want to kiss those rosy red lips.

You're so special so beautiful. I can't help myself.

I know that to you I'm just a brother, but I think we could be happy together.

Please, say you'll be mine Korey!

All my love
You know who

I smiled in satisfaction. That's what you call a love letter. I rose from the chair with the letter in hand and I entered Korey's room. It was clean and everything was put away neatly on selves.

I walked over to her bed which was made. I slipped the letter under her blanket. Hopefully she'll see it. I leave her room and I return to mine, waiting for Korey to return home.