8. The Darkness is Rising

I pushed to look at his face. "We have a party to attend." I reminded him and I left the room leaving him watching me as I walk away.

We entered the Chevy but there's no driver waiting for us.

"Wer'e running late." I transferred to the driver's seat and start the engine.

"Impressive." He moved to the front seat As soon as I got out. "Why don't you strip right away? It's just the two of us." Oh, boy. He puts his hands on top of my thigh and it gets in between the slit.

"Don't try to do something naughty. I'm driving, Claude." I pushed his hands away from me but he pulled my neck until he had reached my shoulders and placed me sitting on top of his thigh. He adjusted the back support he's leaning and pulled me close kissing my lips while lifting up my dress.

"Claude!" I screamed to him but he didn't mind and still continues what he has began. My cheeks are getting flushed.

'What if someone will see us?'

!!!

*tog! Tog! Tog!*

We heard a loud knock over the wind shield. When we see who it is, it was Rojo. Claude opened the window with me still leaning on his top.

"You forgot this." He showed him an envelope in his hand and Claude recieved it with a nod. "Have a safe trip, Claude, Madam." His cold expression shows he wasn't bothered seeing us in an embarassing situation.Then he goes back to the entrance.

I immediately get back to the driver's seat and pretend like nothing had happened. Claude adjusted back the back support and repositioned himself. We drive silently until we reached the venue without talking to each other. We went inside and I hear the buzzing noises around.

"Oh, the young Doyen is here! Hello, Miss Csarie, Lord Claude!"

"Young Doyen came and he's with the new Lord Rife!"

"The Doyen has grown up!"

As much as I wanted, I'm glad and flattered that I was more known and popular not because of the Lord's wife but because of my hard work. This is what the parents should look up to. It's not being Claude's wife that makes me look great and powerful but because of hard work, talent and skills. My achievements made every one recognized me." Except for one thing.

"That is the woman Lord Rife always brings around. First, he seduced him, now, his son's next."

"She was too young when she started living in the house of the Rifes. Poor girl, she must have been through a lot. She almost grew up in the Lord's house."

Their gossips didn't escaped my ears and I start to boil in anger. I just ignored their malicious accusations while Claude stands silently holding my waist beside him. Just like the late Lord whom I have served, there's self control, dignity and passiveness when it comes to this kind of situation. In this big world, you cannot please everyone.

"Lady Csarie!" I heard Misis Carson's voice behind us. "It's nice to see you again. You are together, finally. Oh, seeing the two of you makes me see images of a beautiful blue eyed baby. Are you pregnant?" She stuck her ears on my tummy with excitement.

"Misis Carson, you are very funny." I laughed at her hilarious action.

She looks at us again, pouting. "You should be having it while you're still young. Claude was born when Lady and Lord Rife were twenty five years old." She explained to us like we were her own kids and I really liked it.