Finale Part 1 - Revelations

Author's Notes
Whoa, a lot sure happened since I last finished chapter(s). I definitely was not pleased with how the quarterfinal went, but only because C9 didn't win – I knew as everyone did that Samsung was no picnic and they won fair and square. Also watched the other two quarterfinals so far, but tonight's between H2K and Albus Nox Luna looked like it could be even more entertaining (as I finished, H2K was 2-0 up.) Meanwhile, I kept thinking I had this one nailed down, but this chapter kept growing and growing and became one of those chapters where I didn't think it'd be as big as it turned out (I certainly didn't predict almost 10,000 words for these next two chapters combined!) I also took a stab at making the cover – hope you guys like it! Usual rules apply: Reviews always welcome, but no flaming jsut because you're not a Cloud 9 or North American fan.

-----

We'd seen Girls' Generation wear plenty of attractive things, but we never anticipated what we saw them wearing there. They'd shed the jackets they'd worn in the stands and we could see that they were wearing white and blue C9-themed dresses and skirt/top combos, complete with our sponsors, our logo and the GG Crown logo.

"You did it!" They all shouted joyfully as they saw us.

Jubilant chaos ensued as too many hugs were exchanged to count. Everyone was excitedly talking to one another so much that it was hard to hear myself talk and I couldn't make out everything that was said. Gradually, though, I started to hear and see better what was going on.

"Holy crap, you all look even more amazing than usual!" Aurora exclaimed.

"Thank you so much!" Yoona replied. "We all figured that if we're going to be essentially a superteam or super-group, however you want to call it, then we'd better dress like it."

"Hey, you all look damn sexy in C9 swag." Sneaky said.

"You know you guys have a big hand in that, right? It's because you came through the way you did that we can shine that much." Hyoyeon responded.

Meanwhile, Sooyoung was telling Meteos, "Great Baron steal! Remind me – the next time you and I eat Mexican food together, whether it's Chipotle or somewhere else, it's on me."

"Oh, you're too kind, Sooyoung. I hadn't had that many Smite steals during Worlds, so it was about time I pulled another one off at Baron." Meteos said, smiling a bit bashfully.

"Hey, don't blame yourself – it's just that we haven't given you too many situations where they other team has gone for it and you've had to save the day." Lemon said, clapping him on the back.

"I know – just feels like I'm pulling my weight a lot more when I can do something like that, you know what I'm saying?" Meteos asked. Lemon nodded.

Meanwhile, Hai had found Taeyeon and they were sharing a big hug.

"We made it, Taengoo noona!" Hai cheered.

"You should have seen her, Hai." Jessica said. "She said after she saw your backdoor in Game 2, 'Hai, you magnificent man. Okay, everyone to the World Cup Stadium as soon as they're able. Our other seven members need us there!'"

"Really?" Hai asked, pleasantly surprised.

"Really. I also told Sica that they were going to have to literally kill you to stop you from fighting tonight after Game 1." Taeyeon said proudly.

"You're not wrong about that." Hai said with a smile. "Keep in mind I did have another reason to fight, after all."

Taeyeon blushed and smiled bashfully in response, and she closed her eyes and started to lean closer to him. Hai recognized what was going on and did the same, and time seemed to slow down as they leaned closer to each other and then gently kissed.