1

John p.o.v

Why? Why is it that everyone that is important to me leaves? I have no idea how this giant war started but Jane,Jade,Jake and I all worked together. We stayed hidden in an abandoned house while Jane looked for food and cooked. Jade and Jake would scout the area to make sure it was safe. I helped Jane with food at times and whenever they got hurt I helped bandaging there wounds. Our life was perfect even for the end of the world.

Until Jake started acting weirdly. He left almost everyday at weird times. He didnt tell anyone what was happening but kept it a secret.
"Hey Jake where are you going?" I asked him while he was sneaking out of our hide out. " Um no place i was just getting some fresh air." I rubbed my sleepy. I nodded my head and went back to bed. Before i fell asleep i felt him come to my side and kiss my head. "Goodbye John, I'm sorry." Being the dumb 13 year old i didn't think anything of it but inside i felt a great pain.
I opened my eyes as soon as i heard the door close and ran after him. He was outside but standing in front of him was a tall man he had blonde spikey hair and orange eyes. He noticed me and jumped back. Jake looked back and saw me standing there. "John? What are you doing here go back inside." Jake yelled at me. Then i saw the man come back but put his hands around Jake. "We need to finish the contract tonight alright babe." Babe? Did that thing just call Jake babe. "L-let Jake go!" I yelled while grabbing my hammer and running towards him. Big mistake. He punched me in the gut and i fell to the ground.

"Jake." Is all he said. "John please stop." He told me.
"Jake what are you doing with that thing!?" I practically yelled at him.
He looked at the ground then at him then me.
"I am going to be his husband." He told me.
"What the Fuck Jake!? Stop playing around and lets go." I said while trying to stand but it hurt to much ,but then I noticed an orange ring around his finger. He noticed i saw it and hid his hand.
"I-im sorry...please take care of everyone for me." He said while giving me the best smile he could. "Jake lets get going. Its almost time." The demon said. "Alright." Jake said while he took the hand of the demon. I tried standing up but my legs couldn't. There i was crying on the ground loudly. Jane and Jade came out after hearing my tears. I fell asleep that night wondering what Jake was thinking getting married to a demon. Was that why he left everyday?
After about a week everything went back to normal as if nothing happened.

Surprisingly nothing bad ever happened to us for about 3 years Jade and I are both 16 and Jane is 18. At least we think we don't remember the dates anymore. But then everything changed. Jade caught a bad disease and didn't recover. I lost another important family member. The next month Jane and I went out to hunt. Jane got shot in front of me and I didn't know what to do so i ran. I ran back to our old home. I felt so empty i have no one. First Jake to the demon, then Jade to the disease, and now Jane because of that stupid war! I grabbed a broken glass piece and held it above my head. I had no one left there all dead. And i soon will be to...