Idk anymore(a story that i wrote cause i was bored ik its sucks)

A series of furious knocks rang through the house. "JAMES!" a small voice yelled from outside. "JAMES IT'S HOLLY OPEN THE DOOR, IDIOT" the knocks continued until James finally stood up from the couch and opened the door.

    Holly zoomed through the door and quickly closed and locked it before James could say anything. Holly was shaking and breathing heavily as she leaned against the door, she looked as though she was almost in tears. "What the hell..." James muttered. "Are you okay?" Holly shook her head as she walked slowly past him into the living room.

    "Holly?!" Lucas said, surprised to see his sister standing in front of him. She raised her hand in a small, weak wave, before collapsing on the couch next to her brother. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "You okay? What happened?" Lucas looked up at James as he walked in the living room. "I-I-I..." Holly stuttered, still shaking and almost crying. "I'll get her some water" James turned and walked to the kitchen.

    Lucas soothed and comforted his sister as they waited for James. "I was walking home from Anna's house- her parents had gotten in some bad fight- so I had to leave" James returned and handed Holly a small glass of water. "Thank you" she said before continuing. "So I was walking home because mom and dad are out of town. It was normal most of the way but towards the end I heard footsteps behind me. I didn't think much of it but when I turned around, the man- or woman I didn't get a good look- were hunched over like some... creature" Holly's voice broke and she took a sip of water.

   "I walked faster but so did they. They were gaining on me so I broke into a run. A slow run because of my bag... so I dropped it, and sprinted down the street. My bag stopped them for a second until they saw me running. I could hear them right behind me. I wasn't going to make it to the house... so I turned and ran here" Lucas look up at James and James immediately ran to check all the doors and windows.

    Holly shivered more and her brother pulled her closer, taking the now empty class and setting it on the table.

    Just to be safe, James checked all the the hiding places in his house. Just in case the person had gotten in somehow. "Should we call the police?" James suggested. "What do we tell them? That Holly was chased by a madman? They will just get angry, call us stupid teenagers and tell us to only call when it's an actual emergency" Lucas explained.

    Little did they know, the 'madman' was already gone. They already had walked down the street to find a different victim.

    It was at least 10 P.M so the three teens decided to call it a night. Lucas helped Holly fall asleep on the couch while James laid on the floor-they for moral support- and he was also terrified.

    After Holly had finally fell asleep, Lucas laid down on the floor near James who was already snoring quietly.

    The next morning, Holly turned on the news while she ate her breakfast. "Oh my god" she said quietly. "Wha-" James stopped when he saw what was on the tv.

   "The body of young Alice Greene was found on 2nd avenue last night when a witness saw a man stabbing her multiple times from their bedroom window" the woman on the screen explained. Lucas walked in after hearing the tv from the kitchen.

    "T-that could have b-been me..." Holly stuttered, her voice breaking. "Instead it was t-that poor girl" Lucas hugged his sister. "But it wasn't you, that's the good thing" Holly cried silently into his chest while James changed the channel.

A/N I have a different ending in mind to this story(I have like 2 more actually but one is better) so I might write that soon???? Idk it's not like people actually read this lmao