12: Shi

Nagisa pov:

Hiyuri: ohaiyo.

Karma: who are you?

Hiyuri: Yuiko Hiyuri.

Karma: I thought you were mute.

Hiyuri: I was. I'll tell you guys one thing. Shi.

Itona: shi?

Shi = death

Hiyuri: in my life, this happened to me three times.

First time, I killed a whole bunch of people on instinct. The blood on my hands.... they told me... they are dead. I am safe. When I looked to their eyes... why do you look at me with those eyes like you don't deserve it? You tried to kill me isn't it? Shouldn't you expect to be killed?

Second time, this man killed all my prey. He had something in his eyes... you guys all deserve it. You're weak. You were destined to die.

Third time, this same man killed a bunch of students. With the same eyes... you guys deserve it. Destined to die.

Shi. If you die, you deserve it. What is shi? Something that can be decided by humans? I can't even die... and these people die so easily just because of someone else's decision.

I couldn't understand. With a sentence, a swing, a trigger, someone dies.

She looks to her hands "I can kill anyone if I decided so. Even if he can't die physically... in my mind... he's killed a thousand times. Shi. An outburst of emotions by someone to kill someone else."

She looks to us with cold eyes " we bring death to others for others. Not for us. That's... what assassin are. Tools for other's outburst of emotions."

Clappings broke the silence.

Kaede: yuji sensei?

Yuji: shi. Then why are you still an assassin? Shinigami no Ko. No.4 .

Hiyuri: I... needed to stay... by her side...