Chapter 3 - Ass in Gear

Chapter 3

I was awoken the next morning by a soft knock on the door. I rolled out of bed and dragged my blanket along. I swung open the door and saw Seb standing in my door way, dressed in jeans, a black t shirt and a light jacket.

"Morning Ali," he said, smiling sweetly.

I smiled at him. "Morning. Want to come in?"

"Sure. You didn't get my text, did you?" He asked, stepping into my apartment.

I yawned. "Your knock on the door woke me up. I haven't even checked my phone yet."

He laughed. "Well, I was coming here to ask if you wanted to go for coffee?"

"Like a date?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Just like 2 friends having coffee. Do you want it to be a date?"

I blushed. "Well.. I..."

"I'm just joking. I would like to take you on a date sometime though. How about Saturday?" He asked, smiling shyly.

"I would love that," I said softly. Seb and I were silent for a second. "Yeah, so, give me a few minutes to get dressed and then we can go get coffee! Take a seat wherever."

"No rush," Seb said, taking a seat on the couch.

I ran to my room to get dressed. I threw on red t-shirt shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. I rummaged through my closet until I found my black converse and my leather jacket. I brushed my hair and my teeth and threw my hair up in a ponytail.

I walked out of my room to find Seb sifting through my CDs again. "Enjoying yourself?" I teased.

He smiled. "You're slow," he teased back.

"I'm faster than most people! I just couldn't find my shoes or my jacket. They were hiding."

"I was kidding. You look really good!" He said.

I blushed. "Thanks! You look pretty good yourself."

He smiled. "Ready to go?" He asked, dramatically offering me his arm like a gentleman.

I laced my arm through his, laughing. "Ready when you are!"

I grabbed my bag as we walked out the door, locking it behind me. We walked a few blocks before a small Tim Hortons came into view. We walked inside and ordered. 2 coffees, a cinnamon bun and bagel. We sat at a little table in the corner. We spent the whole morning talking. We ended up only leaving around 1 in the afternoon. It was nice just relaxing and talking.

We walked back to our apartment and Seb invited me into his place. It was a little messy, but compared to mine, it was immaculate. He had a couple of guitars and a bunch equipment laying around. I tried not to let him see how amazed I was by all of it.

"Loving all the gear, Seb," I said.

He smiled and offered me a Sprite. I accepted it and we sat on the couch. I saw his CD collection out of the corner of my eye. I walked over and inspected it thoroughly. We had most of the same CDs, but we each had some that the other didn't. "I approve of the collection man!"

He laughed. "Thanks. Yours is pretty impressive, but mine of course is better."

I rolled my eyes at him. Keep telling yourself that, Sebastien."

"I will, Alyssa."

We discussed music for a little while before Seb's phone rang.

"Yo!" He said as he answered it. "Yeah no problem... I'll be there in a few... K bye."

He smiled apologetically.

"Pierre?" I asked, finishing off the Sprite.

"David actually. He said to say sorry, but they need me at the studio," he said.

I smiled. "It's not like I'm going to stop you from making music. I'm so excited for the new album, so get outta here and go make me my album!"

He smiled and hugged me softly. "You're amazing."

I smiled. "I know," I teased.

We exited his apartment and he walked me to my door. "I'll talk to you later alright. If you're still awake, we can hang out for a little bit before bed. If I'm back before midnight we'll hang out for a bit," he said.

"I'll miss you," I said, only partly teasing.

Seb hugged again. "I'll miss you too," he said, about as teasingly as I did..

We pulled away and he turned and walked down the stairs, turning to say good bye before he disappeared down the stairs. I unlocked the door of my apartment and stepped inside, letting the door close softly behind me.

I ran though the past couple of hours in my head. We were going on a date on Saturday. Did that mean that Seb actually wanted to date me? I loved the idea of dating Seb, but just in the past few days, how many times have we been interrupted because he needed to go to the studio? I felt like we'd barely see each other. And what about when Simple Plan went on tour? Then he would be gone for weeks, maybe even months at a time. How would out relationship even work?

I shook my head. I was getting ahead if myself. For the time being, I needed to focus on my music, not on my love life. Time was ticking down. It was time for me to get my ass in gear.

*********************************************

*Edited: working on changing a few things, making it better, etc.*

Hey guys! IM BACK!!!! so i decided to continue with this story because i have some ideas to continue it. if u have any suggestions as to how to continue, i would be very greatful!

Also i got a laptop so im going to TRY to start uploading more often. I have loads of ideas and a few fanfics that are pretty much done that I could upload, so let me know what kind of stuff you'd like to see/read and we can work stuff out!

Love you guys!

Haley