Stay {Stalker-ish!Swaptale Sans x Frisk}

He was so happy that she decided to stay with them. It was nice to have her so close for a change.

*Starting off a little slow.
*We'll get into the heavier stuff in a couple more chapters ;}
----------------------------------------------

She had been sleeping over at their house. They had insisted, saying that it wasn't safe to try and traverse the snowy landscape and the (slightly) darker caverns that passed for the night cycle in the Underground.
She had been unsure at first, naturally suspicious of the two monsters who offered her shelter.

She relented, however, after a certain smaller skeleton used the absolutely lethal puppy dog eyes on her (she'd always been a sucker for the cute tactic, and Sans was a master at it).

Due to the lack of a guest bedroom, Sans had said she could sleep in his room, in his bed.

With him.

She had politely declined, choosing sheets haphazardly thrown on the couch and wrinkled blankets instead.

He had hidden his disappointment with a bright smile and a laugh, before excusing himself to the kitchen.

They had a dinner of tacos (courtesy of Sans) and honeyed tea (courtesy of Papyrus).
Although the two didn't seem to go together, she had to admit they complimented each other surprisingly well.

After dinner, they watched a rerun of one of Napstabot's horrible DJ-ing shows. She wondered how the monsters managed to watch this same (admittedly awful) show over and over again for years. There really wasn't much of a choice when it came to TV in the Underground, according to Papyrus.

She had been so caught up in their discussion about the robot star that she hadn't even noticed how close Sans had scooted towards her, his shoulder bumping hers.

Then it was time for bed. She had no pajamas, so Sans offered her one of his shirts and a pair of pajama pants. They were a a bit short on her, but beggars couldn't be choosers.
She bid the brothers a goodnight, Sans insisting on a hug before going to his room.
She gave in to the puppy dog eyes once more and wrapped her arms around him. 
He was a lot warmer than she thought he'd be, considering he had no flesh.
Sans  squeezed her tight, digging his fingers into the back of her shirt. He buried his face in her neck and breathed in deeply.

She was sweeter than he thought.

After a somewhat lingering amount of time, she gently pried him off. He whined at the loss of contact, but she shooed him up the stairs with a gentle yet insistent nudge.
Sans trudged up to his bedroom.

He looked out at her over the banister one last time before closing his door.

She flopped back onto the couch and covered herself with the mass of mismatched blankets.

She stayed that way for a while, sleeping soundly.

————————————————————

She woke up shivering a few hours later.

It had gotten very cold in the living room. She'd have to ask one of the brothers if they could turn the heat up.
Pulling herself out of her nest, Frisk stepped onto the cold floor. She jumped slightly at the difference in temperature.
She pulled one of her blankets around her shoulders and made her way to the stairs.

Once she had climbed to the upper floor, she considered which brother to wake up.

She wouldn't dare wake Papyrus, he was like an angry bear when woken prematurely.

So, she'd have to settle for Sans. At least he wouldn't try to rip her head off in a tired stupor.

She made her way quietly to his door, trying not to make too much noise on the creaky floorboards.
Should she knock? She figured he was still asleep. It'd be rude to wake him by pounding down his door (not to mention that it'd probably wake the sleeping dragon just down the hall as well).

She opened his door slowly, peeking her head in and looking around. His room was in the same halfway organized state it always was.
She slipped in, dragging her blanket cape in behind her.

She hadn't had a chance to react before the door slammed behind her.

She jumped at the sudden sound, whirling towards the door and going into a defensive position.

"H-Human....? What are you doing in here?"

She turned towards the sound of his voice. He didn't sound tired, so he must've already been awake.

Sans rubbed his eyes, the lights that served as his pupils blurry and unfocused. He blinked rapidly as if he couldn't believe she was there.

"Frisk...is something wrong?"

She told him of her predicament, and he listened with rapt attention. His eyes never left her the entire time she spoke.
"Well, uh...I'm not sure how to work the thermostat, but...." he stuttered.

"Maybe you could...."

"....Sleep with me?" he finished shyly.

She stood there considering her options.
In the end, she decided she didn't want to walk back down stairs, and climbed into bed.

His bed.

Sans tried to hide his excitement but failed. He was wiggling like an excited puppy as he lay down beside Frisk.
He couldn't help himself and snuggled as close to her as he could. His arms wrapped around her midsection, his skull nuzzled against her chest, and his legs tangled with hers.

He was as close to her as could get.

He was surprised that she didn't seem to mind.
When he looked at her he realized why; she was already asleep.

Things had worked out the way he wanted, in the end.

He settled himself against his precious human once more.

He was so glad he'd thought to break the thermostat.

------------------------------------------------------------