The Capture {Swapfell Papyrus x Chara}

She had been left behind by her protector.

It was more of a blessing than a curse, however.

*Companion piece to 'The Chase'.
Set phasers to fluff.

________________________________________

He's found himself in a strange situation.

One of many he's been in since that first time by the reinforced steel gate spanning the gorge a mile from Snowdin.

And in this particular situation, like many of the others, he has his arms locked (gently) around the throat of a small, (weakly) struggling human with wilted flowers in her red hair.

The human he'd been keeping in secret for close to a week now.

His brother is screaming at the girls' slightly taller counterpart; the darker-skinned girl in the torn purple dress, who was currently brandishing a knife in their direction.

"I'm tired of this cat-and-mouse game human! Surrender yourself immediately! Or your little friend here gets dusted!"

Good luck with that, he thought with a roll of his eye sockets.
For all his talk of capturing humans, Sans knew next to nothing about them.

He began to block his brother out, a skill he'd practiced and perfected over the years, so much so that it could be considered an art form.

He hated his brother, with good reason.

Sans had nearly killed Papyrus when they were younger, one well-placed blow to the throat had rendered him nearly dead for weeks and mute for the rest of his life.

He really could not stand him.

"Paps!"

His head snapped to attention at the sound of his prisoners' hushed voice.
He realized he had tightened his grip on her and immediately loosened it.

'Sorry,' he signed into her back.

"It's okay," she whispered.

"Dammit, human!" Sans yelled.

They both looked to see what he was yelling about.

Huh.
Looks like Frisk (he knew her name because Sans just wouldn't stop talking about her) ran off again.

Without another word to Papyrus (not that he expected one), Sans sprinted in the direction that Frisk had gone with some unrepeatable words hurled in his wake.

Once he was out of sight and earshot, Papyrus let go of Chara (he'd learned her name a week into her being his prisoner), the girl letting out a grateful breath.

"I really hate it when you have to do that," Chara breathed , her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath. "Maybe a little looser next time, please?"

'I can't exactly help it,' Papyrus signed, a brow lifted at her inquiry. 'We have to make it look authentic, or else he might suspect something.'

Chara let out a 'hmm' at that before going quiet.

She reached for his hand, her soft fingers entwining with his sharper, bonier ones.