Prologue

Bella's POV

    Roses.

    This is the last and only thing I remember before my world went into darkness. And this is the first thing I smelled when I found my senses again. And when I slowly opened my eyes, this was the first thing I saw. Roses.
    I didn't remember who I was before, what my past was; I could only remember my name. But when I saw the roses, I knew I was safe. Wherever I was, I was actually safe.

    I slowly get up, catching my head. I look around; I was in a forest, and more specifically, at a field full of roses. A field that looked so familiar... Where have I seen something like this before?
    I shake my head and blink several times. I start walking and even though I feel my legs heavy, because I have just woken up, I keep going. I have no idea where I'm supposed to go, but I know that I have to learn more about where I am and what this place is.

    After a long walking, I arrive at a lake. I decide to take a break from walking and have some water. I sit on the edge of the lake and serve myself with joy. After I swallow, my gaze falls on my reflection in the lake. I hover over the lake, trying to look at myself better.
    I see pale skin and roots spreading all over my cheeks. I see two purple eyes staring back at me, surrounded by black instead of white. I see a scratch at my neck, that has some blood... Why do I have this? Who did it to me? I look away from it and I see brown and blue hair tied in a bun, standing with pride at my head. And at the bottom, I see a long purple dress with dark red roses and black leaves completing my appearance.
    I touch the roots... Why are they here? Do they have something to do with me? Are they a sign of something I should know?

    Suddenly, I hear someone behind me. I immediately get up and look around in fear.
- Who's there?
I shout. No answer. Without thinking it, I move my hands towards the place I heard the noise. And suddenly, I see wild sharp thorns coming out from the ground and heading towards it. I watch as they spreading longer and longer, searching for their target.
    Before I am able to realize how this happened, I see a figure jumping from behind a tree, obviously being chased by the thorns. They scream, and I realize their gender is male:
- STOP!
    I draw down my hands, confused, while the figure trips and falls down. The thorns immediately stop and pull away, until they are gone. I stare at the spot where they got vanished. I am the one who just did this?

    I run towards the figure, who looks at me with shock and, in my surprise, with impression. I look back at him, trying to see better the way he looks like.
    He has long-ish black hair that slightly fall from both sides of his face, along with a purple highlight on the left. His eyes are large and brown and his lips are as dark as his hair. The final face detail is the scars on his cheekbones which are similar to mine. He is wearing a purple shirt, combined with a black vest and a black tie.
- Who are you and why were you spying on me?
I ask, staring at him intensively. He replies quickly, but loudly:
- I'm James and I wasn't actually spying you! I just wanted to talk to you, but I saw you were lost and confused, because you just woke up and I was just about to talk to you, but you heard me! And oh, wow, your power is awesome!
    I lift my eyebrow.
- My what?
- Your power. The thorns you just created!
- The thorns...
I repeat, staring at my hands. I have a power? I can create thorns out of nowhere? How about other things?
    I close my eyes and focus. I open my hand, thinking of roses. I open them again and I see a red nose on my hand.
- Wow...
    I raise my hands, fully concentrating. This time, more flowers, along with roses, are appearing out of nowhere, being combed together, until they create a flower crown that slowly lands in my hands. I look at it and, for the first time, smile.
- This is amazing...
- Hell yeah, it is!
James agrees, getting up. He takes the flower crown from my hands and hangs it at a tree.
- All of us broken dolls have powers when we arrive here. On the Island of Broken Dolls. We wake up, we learn them and then we go live with other dolls until we fix ourselves. Then, we can either stay here or return to the real world.
- Do you live with other dolls? What is your power?
- Yes, I do, I'm actually their leader. And my power is magic. I can do everything, teleportation, items appearing out of nowhere etc. just by snaping my fingers!
    He snaps his fingers and the area we are immediately disappears. We appear at another part of the forest, still as beautiful as the previous one. I look around in excitement until I see a giant, but still neat, treehouse in one of the biggest trees. James shows it, speaking with pride:
- This is our home! Would you like to stay with us-
    He stops and blushes for a moment. He then says with a quieter tone:
- I didn't ask your name... Whoops.
    I smile, thinking about how goof he is.
- It's Bella. My name is Bella. And yes, I would love to stay with you, guys.
    James smiles at me with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

- Then welcome to your new home... Bella.

And there it is! Prologue, ladies and gentlemen! Starring Bella, who belongs to me, and James, who belongs to msmusical543! Who, by the way, I am fully proud to announce that she will be the co-writer of this book! And she deserves it, cause the whole scenario at the roleplay chat this story is based on was her idea! So, go give her some love!
Chapter 1 will be written by her, so don't be shocked or surprised by the different writing style, okay?

Thanks for reading and see you next time! Byeeeeeee!!!

Update: Yes, I know I've given up this book, but I still wanted to add some music in the only chapter it ever had! (The reasons this book stopped is on the next part.) And yeah, you can easily guess why I chose this specific music. ;)