one | niall

unedited

"I'm sorry, Mr. Horan, but I won't be able to take care of your son anymore. I have other things to do and I really don't have time." My babysitter, now ex-babysitter, Sophia said and hang up.

I moved away the phone from my ear. "That bitch!" I yelled.

I don't have a good past with babysitters. Let's just say that they're always ungrateful and wants to leave me, or my son, Ethan.

I have my own company, called "Horan & Co." which means I don't have enough time to take care of my son properly. So that's why I need a babysitter, but they're always leaving after a month or so.

I always wanted to be sure Ethan has everything, so after a work, I buy him new toys. They're not cheap. I always want for my son the most expensive toys in world.

But every time I would give it to him, he would totally ignore it and hug me, saying "I don't need toys, dad. I love you." and these words immediately melt my heart. I don't have to be in company everyday, because it's mine and I can be there whenever I want, but after Ethan's mother died, I was always busying myself with work.

Work gets my mind off Ethan's mother, Lauren, and somehow it keeps me in peace. 

Ethan's mother, Lauren, died because of cancer. She had breast cancer. Doctors were 100% sure she is going to make it, but after the final operation, Lauren died because she couldn't fight anymore.

I loved Lauren with my whole heart. She was also pregnant when she had cancer. With Ethan. So doctors gave her their opinions and told her that if she wants to live, she needs abortion. But Lauren didn't want that, I remember the day when she grabbed my hand, in hospital, and said "That is going to be our first child. Don't let them take him away from us, please." her eyes were shining and her lips were parted.

I have 3 big houses. One is where Lauren and I were living and I don't use it anymore, because it hurts every time I step inside of it. Second is the house I bought for Ethan, when he grows up. And the third house is where Ethan and I live now. It's the biggest house out from those 3.

I grabbed my phone and dialed my private assistant's number. "Good morning, Mr. Horan."

"Not that good, but okay. I need a new babysitter." I said.

"What? I'm sorry Mr. Horan if I'm being nosy, but what happened with Sophia?" Mr. Tomlinson asked.

"Don't worry, Mr. Tomlinson, you're not being nosy. That bitch called me and said she doesn't have enough time for everything." 

Louis Tomlinson is my private assistant, but my friend too. He is maybe acting professional, but when he is alone with me, he is acting like a real kid. I met him when he searched for job. He was first a cleaner in my company, but after I learned more about him, I gave him promotion and he is now not just my private assistant, but my friend too.

"Okay. I will see what I can do. Do you want me to put a advertisement in newspapers, sir? That way will be much easier to find new one." Louis asked.

"Do whatever you want, but try to be fast. I need a new babysitter today already." I said.

"I will try, yeah. Do you want it to be a female, or male?" 

"As long as they don't steal is good. Just bring me someone who knows how to take a care of little kid." I said.

"Okay, Mr. Horan. If that's everything what you've wanted...?" 

"I want you also to inform my company that I'm not going to be there today. I need to be with Ethan, because I wasn't with him these days. Tell them that and also tell them if they have anything to say to me or inform me about something, tell them to tell that to Mr. Malik, he is going to tell me. Thank you."