Chapter 5

I decided not to go back to the dorm. It wasn't worth it. Instead, I went back into the hallway filled with dorms, my eyes still flooded with tears. I found Dallon's room and knocked on the door. Dallon came to the door but before he could say something, I said, "I know how earlier I said I was fine, but the truth is is that I'm not fine, and I... I just need someone to talk to." I said all of this between sobs and tried to stop myself from crying. Dallon took me into his embrace. "Oh, Tai. I'm so sorry. Come in." I pulled back and went into his dorm room. I suddenly felt this urge to do something. I wanted so badly to hurt myself, inflict harsh pain upon myself. "Hey, do you have any knives?" I asked. Dallon looked confused but handed me a pocket knife. I rushed into the bathroom and locked the door. I suddenly heard Dallon knocking on the door asking if I was okay. I constantly said I was fine. Standing over the sink, I slowly pushed up my jacket sleeve and let the blade slowly glide across my arm. The feeling of intense pain was satisfying. Apparently, Dallon had found a way to get in. Dallon looked at me and the knife. "Tai, you can't do this to yourself." Dallon desperately tried to take the knife from me, but I held onto the knife tightly. He managed to take the knife from me. Dallon set the knife on the counter and led me to his couch. "You wanna talk about it?" He asked and looked at me. Dallon looked at me with a look that made the butterflies in my stomach flutter wildly. I shook my head in response to his question. "Aw, come on Tai. I think there's something that you want to say." Dallon said. "I just have no idea what to do." I told him. "What do you mean?" Dallon asked me. I looked at him and said, "My life is just so messed up." I said. "And I'm just such a messed up person." Dallon looked at me with a look of disdain. I could tell he felt sorry for me. "Tai-" he began to say, but I interrupted him by pressing my lips to his. I didn't know what got the best of me, but I felt the sudden urge to just kiss him. The kiss turned into a make out session. I finally pulled back and smiled at him. He smiled back. "I'm gonna go now. See you around?" I said getting up. "Yeah." He said. I left his room and nearly collapsed. I ran back to the dorm room but slowed as I approached the door. I slowly opened the door to find Ryan watching a show on the TV. "Where have you been all day?" Ryan asked, turning the television off to look at me. "Hanging with Dallon." I replied. "What were you hanging with Dallon for?" He asked again. I didn't answer him as I kicked off my shoes and went into my room. "Tai." Ryan called my name. "What is it?" I called back. "Can you come here for a bit?" I wondered what he wanted as I slowly rose from my bed and came into the main room. He motioned for me to sit down beside him. "Are you okay?" He finally asked me. "Look, I'm fine, okay?" I said. "You say that you're fine, but I know you're not!" Ryan raised his voice a little. "I don't want you fixing or getting involved in any of my problems!" I yelled. "Tai, I only want to help! God! You're so difficult!" Ryan got up and went to his room and slammed his door behind him. I buried my face in my hands. What have I done, I thought to myself. What have I done?