Ch. 5: Sleeper Cell Trouble [Part 3]

"We're here!"

Kaya no stepped out of the plane. Finally we were in Paris!!! It was very cold, good thing that we brought warmer clothes. We also wore warm clothing when we got on the plane, so we were prepared. There was a big bus waiting for us to take us to the hotel.

The hotel was divided in three flats. One in the middle, and two on each side. We were divided in three groups and we were spread over the three flats. Nagisa went with Isogai and Karma, and Kayano went with Kataoka and Okuda. Kayano was staying in the left building.

"Yay! I got to share a room with you guys!"

"You sure? Don't you wanna cuddle with Nagisa?"

Kayano pouted.

"I-It's not like I'll miss him or anything..."

"Tsundere..." Kataoka smirked.

"Where here! Room 2A!"

We reached our room. We also got our own room key. Kayano reached her pockets for the key and tried to open the door, but the door wouldn't open. Even though the key fits, it wouldn't turn around.

"Huh, the door won't open..." Kayano said.

"You sure? Is it stuck or something?" Okuda asked.

"It must be a bit rusty! Let me try!"

Kayano stepped aside and Kataoka tried to open the door, but it still wouldn't budge. As if the door was still locked, instead of rusty.

"Is this the right key?"

"Let's go to the reception!"

The girls went to the reception and explained the situation in the best english they could. An employee went to take a look with them, but even he couldn't open the door. After that, they tried several other keys, but nothing helped.

"What do we do now?" Kataoka asked.

"The hotel is booked! I don't think we'll get another room..." Okuda worried.

"Then, we'll just have to solve this case!" Kayano laughed.

Kayano and the two other girls went to the lobby to get their facts straight.

"So, here's what happened. The door wouldn't open with this key, or any other key of this hotel, so the problem is more likely to be with the door" Kayano concluded.

"But it can also be that all the keys are wrong. I mean, it's not like the door's rusty. You could see that the lock wouldn't turn, the door wasn't stuck anywhere" Kataoka said.

"In other words, we don't know what the problem is..." Okuda concluded.

The girls were silent for a while, they were thinking about the problem. Suddenly, Kayano's mind snapped.

"Wait! Some lockers at schools have keys too, right?"

"Yes..."

"Those keys fit in every locker, but if it isn't the right key, it won't turn"

"So you mean to say that it is the wrong key?"

"Yes!"

"I don't think so. We tried every key there is in the hotel, so the problem can't br with the key" Kataoka said.

"You have a point there..."

"Let's take a look at the door again..."

The three girls hurried towards their room's door, Kayano forcefully tugged at the door, but still no reaction. She inspected every inch of the door, looking for something suspicious.