Ch. Special: A Christmas Carol

"What do you mean you don't like Christmas?!"

Nagisa looked at Kayano in disbelief. Kayano was discharged from the hospital and she could do whatever she wanted again. Preparations for Christmas are going on in the hotel in which they're staying. They decided to stay together in one big room! All of the E-class members. But Kayano just told Nagisa that she disliked Christmas.

"Like I said, I don't really enjoy Christmas!"

"But why?..." Nagisa asked.

"Personal reasons..." Kayano mumbled and stormed off.

How could I like Christmas!? My one and only sister, Aguri, died in an accident! Since then, I've disliked Christmas. How would you feel if you had nobody to celebrate Christmas with!?

Despite that, Kayano still helped with the preparations. She didn't wanted to be that only annoying girl that doesn't help because she didn't like Christmas. Kayano was standing on a stepladder while decorating the walls with Christmas lights.

"Huh? Where am I?"

Suddenly, everything went black around Kayano. She, however, was still awake.

"Hello? Nagisa? Karma? Where is everyone?"

Then, a light lighted up from afar. The light came closer, a person was visible.

"Ehh!? Nakamura-san what are you doing!?"

Nakamura looked offended.

"Who is this Nakamura-san!? I am the Christmas spirit of the past!!!!"

"Nakamura-san... are you drunk!? Where are we?!"

"I'm not Nakamura-san! I am here to take you to your past, during Christmas..."

"If this is because of the reason that I don't like Christmas, I won't tell you!" Kayano pouted.

"Ugh, just shut up and come with me!"

Nakamura, I mean, the Christmas spirit of the past, grabbed Kayano's hand and pulled her into a light. Kayano closed her eyes because of the eye blinding light. When she opened her eyes, she saw a house covered in snow. Kayano found herself flooding with happiness. The Christmas spirit pulled Kayano's shirt.

"Look, who's that!?"

Kayano looked at a kid with shoulder-lenght black hair sledding off the hill. She was smiling and yelling as she played with her sled.

"Oh my god! Isn't that me!?"

"Looks like it"

The saw an older girl with very short hair, she called out to the young Kayano.

"Akari!! Come inside!"

"Yes, onee-san!"

The girl grabbed her sled and walked into the house.

"Let's follow her!" The spirit said.

The spirit grabbed Kayano's hand again and practically flew through the walls of the house. We looked at the scene going on there.

The house was beautifully decorated. Lights on the walls, a decked-up table and a big Christmas tree with presents underneath.

"Hey onee-san?..."

"Yes Akari?"

"Won't papa and mama come?"

"No, they won't be able to make it today... They're stuck in the snow..."

The young Akari gave a disappointed look. Aguri noticed this.

"But don't worry! Onee-san will make sure that you won't miss them!"