Chapter 8: Awkward Silence (Nicolette POV)

As soon as we got to Drew’s friend Justin Bieber’s house, I already felt uncomfortable. Justin’s girlfriend Felicity kept looking at me, and rolling her eyes. Also when I brought Taco into the house she freaked.

 Nicolette: This is Taco! Is there anywhere I can put him so that he doesn’t bother us

Felicity: In the backyard, so he doesn’t pee everywhere.

I started to walk towards the backyard with Justin, but she stopped me

Felicity: Wait, he doesn’t dig up anything right?

Nicolette: No, he’s well behaved. Don’t worry

I tired not to sound nasty, but she was to me. I was returning the favor. Justin put his hand on her shoulder.

Justin: Relax, Lissa 

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the backyard again. After putting Taco in the backyard, I walked back inside. 

Justin and Drew were talking about videogames. Felicity was sitting and listening to them. She seemed bored, so I figured now was my chance to try and talk to her. I sat down next to her.

 Nicolette: It’s boring isn’t it?

 Felicity: What do you mean?

 Nicolette: Them talking about video games. Drew used to do that with my brother. Every time he came over.

 She laughed for the first time since I was here.

 Felicity: Justin does it, too. But with my dad.

 Nicolette: I used to like video games when I was younger. But I grew up.

 Felicity: Yea, I never liked video games. I was always busy with dance, I never had time.

 Nicolette: Yea what type of dance?

 Felicity: Ballet, Jazz, and Point

 Nicolette: Really. I dance. Hip Hop, Lyrical, and Step, I did dance.

 Felicity: I know where I go; they have Lyrical and Hip Hop. I can let them sign up.

 Nicolette: That would be awesome

Felicity: Do you like cheerleading?

 Nicolette: No I can’t stand it. I was one for a year. I hated my whole team. And they hated me. You?

 Felicity: Yea I have been cheering since I was 5

 Nicolette: Oh.

 There was a long awkward pause.

Nicolette: I’m sorry, I didn’t know I just had a bad experience with it.

She smiled at me. Again with another awkward silence.

 Nicolette: Are you still in school or?

 Felicity: I graduated 2 years, I’m 21.

 Nicolette: Drinking age. Nice. Not that it matters to me. I’m 20 and I started drinking at 15.

 Felicity:  Yea, I had my first drink at my 21st birthday

 Nicolette: That’s cool

 Great I’m dealing with a goody two-shoes.

 Nicolette: You going to college?

 Felicity: Online, I want to be a dance teacher.

 Nicolette: That’s cool! I’m studying to be a tattoo artist.

Felicity: Nice, do you have any?

 Nicolette: One, on my hip. I’ve had it since I was 16

 I lifted up my shirt and showed her two tiny dice with the world lucky above it.

 Felicity: Cute. I have a question?

 Nicolette: What?

 Felicity: Why is your dog named Taco?

 Nicolette: Drew got him for me

 Felicity: And he came with the name?

 Nicolette: No, he didn’t have a name, Drew and I were eating Tacos one day and he was just amazed by them by them. And ever since then he’s been Taco.

 Felicity: That’s very cool!

 Nicolette: Yea! So how did you and the Biebs meet?

 Felicity: It was raining, and I ran into my favorite music store and we met there!

 She looked at me with a small smile, and I smiled back.

 Felicity: So how did you and Drew meet?

 Nicolette: We met at the movies; he dropped his phone next to my foot. And we have been together ever since then

 Felicity: Really romantic?

 I started to realize that Felicity and I have so many differences. I mean think about it, I’m the opposite of her, and she’s the opposite of me. But we could actually be really good friends.