Aiden and CJ

a memory:

cj rolled on her side to face aiden and aiden slid his hand down her hip. it sent shivers through her body that caused her to curl into him. 

aiden wore saggy jeans and a grey hoodie. his everyday outfit. he had dark brown eyes, almost black, which cj thought looked like the midnight sky. his hair was amber like the sand their kissing feet were sprawled upon.

he was the most beautiful creature cj had ever met.

"so, are you going to kiss me yet?" aiden said with a wry smirk, tightening his grip on her hip.

cj took aiden's hand and guided it to the small of her back, staring into his eyes with no response.

"cj?" aiden said with a confused tone in his voice, leaning closer. but cj was too quick, before he could kiss her she scrambled backward in the sand like a crab, laughing as aiden rose to his feet and chased after her.

 "you know," aiden called out after cj who dashed on the sand and onto the grass, "if we never kiss, how will we know what we missed out on in kindergarten?" aiden high-stepped, his hands raised, reaching out for her.

cj stopped running abruptly and aiden's hand curled around her waist to pull her towards him. their eyes locked and she turned away when he leaned in to kiss her, his lips only finding the skin of her cheekbone.

she rested her forehead on his chest and he cradled her in his arms, lifting up her chin with his finger to stare into her beautiful eyes. she tried to look down but his finger held her head up so she gave up on trying. "why must you be so complicated?"

when she didn't reply he held her chin in his palm and they stood like this for minutes and the whole time aiden wanted to feel her lips on his.

unexpectedly, cj pulled away. she sat in the sand with her back to aiden. aiden sprawled across cj's stretched out legs and propped himself up on one elbow in the sand. with his other hand, he reached to uncross the arms cj had fixed firmly over her chest. but even with her hands clasped in her lover's, cj's eyes would not be wrested from the pale blue water in the distance.

"abandon your silly attempt, aiden." she spoke as if in a trance by the crashing waves, "i'm not ready."

aiden scrambled up onto his knees and reached for her jawline, stroking it with his thumb. "my love, it's been 5 years, i'm starting to feel as if you don't love me anymore."

this got her attention, she snapped her eyes towards his, removing his palm from her face and intertwining his fingers with hers.

he cocked his head and his chest heaved up and down, against hers, their raging heartbeats in sync. one.

finally she gave in and moaned as he leaned into her as if there was a magnetic force pulling them to each other, melting into his lips. he placed his hand on the side of her head, pressing her into him more.

cj wrapped her arms around his neck and stared into his eyes as they kissed.

aiden slowly dragged his hands along her body, pulling her onto his lap as she wrapped her legs around his waist and he attempted to stand up.

they both went down onto the sand, laughing and wrestling each other to be on top. finally aiden pinned her down and smiled, kissing her again. he pulled away to kiss her neck as he slid his hand under her shirt, twirling her bra strap around his finger and she wrestled her arm from his grip and pushed him away. 

"aiden."

"yes?" 

"i'm not ready."

aiden sighed, got off of her and nodded, but then began to shake his head. "you don't love me, do you?"

she turned away and her vision was blurred with tears. he had the urge to rush to her and wipe her tears away but instead he said, "answer me."

she turned back to him with raging eyes, grey beginning to form on the edges and she narrowed them at him, the tears spilling, rolling down her cheeks and splashing into the sand, imprinting it for the time being.

"cj please."

she saw the pleading in his eyes and swiveled her hand up his scalp and he closed his eyes and moaned. nothing felt so good as a lover's touch.

"aiden?"

"yes." his eyes opened, his gaze drifting across her blank face, noticing that the crystals of grey had shrunken away and no more tears rushed down her face, she wasn't upset anymore. now, he wasn't sure what her emotion was.

"i do love you. i will always love you. no matter what happens, or what you do. you're my all, my everything. get that through your head and accept that all i need is a little more time," her tone changed on the last sentence and raised on the word 'time' but then she continued and said, "i love you. never forget that."