Chapter 2💎

Zyu's POV
I went to school the next day and heard a bunch of gossiping in the hallway. They were talking about Mingyu and Somi's spilt. Speaking of the devil, while I was at my locker, the Queenka's gang surrounded me and the Queenka slapped me right in front of everyone. I was startled and surprised. Did she really just slap me? I wanted to pull her hair, but I held back; I've gotten into enough trouble in my first week of school. How did she know I was the one that sent the picture to Mingyu though, did Mingyu tell her?
A bunch of students surrounded us until Mingyu stepped in, glared at Somi, and pulled me away from the crowd. Somi looked like she was about to kill me, but Mingyu noticed it too and said,"Don't." He brought me to the back of the school. I wanted to ask him if he told Somi I was the one that sent the picture, but there was tension between us and I also thought it would be more awkward, so I decided not to. All of a sudden, he pulled me into a hug.
I feel my cheeks heating up, am I sick or is it because I'm surprised, I thought. "Thanks", he said. I was confused, but I think he was talking about the breakup. I didn't say anything in return, I just stood there and let him hug me. It felt weird getting hugged since I haven't been hugged in a long time.
Back then, I always felt like I didn't belong in this cruel world. My only support was my best friend; I was bullied when I was younger and around that time my parents argued a lot and got divorced. I changed into a cold-hearted girl when my best friend moved because I hated getting hurt and betrayed. My tears threatened to come out, but I tried not to let them show. The hug felt warm and nice, but I wish it lasted longer.
Mingyu's POV
I thanked Zyu for telling me about Somi. I'm glad I broke up with her, but I was worried that she might hurt Zyu. Seeing tears in her eyes, I thought she was hurting somehow which made me want to protect her. I just think of her as a friend and a classmate, nothing more. We headed to class and acted like happened. Everyone stared at us when we got into the classroom. Mrs. Lee cleared her throat, got everyone's attention off of us, and started class.
Somi's POV
Ugh, I'll make you mine once again, Kim Mingyu! Don't mess with the Queenka, Zyu, you don't know what's coming your way, I thought, while smirking.
Author's POV
It was finally lunchtime and Zyu went to the rooftop to have her lunch. She was glad to escape from all of the drama for awhile. Somi sat at the Popular Kids table, while Mingyu sat with his friends, Vernon and S.Coups who's also known as Hansol and Seungcheol. "What happened this morning with you, Zyu, and Somi?" Vernon and S.Coups asked simultaneously. Mingyu told them all about it in one breath.
"Woah, it sounds like a high school drama", S.Coups replied.
"Yeah", Vernon agreed.
"Do you like her Mingyu?", they asked in unison.
"No, I just think of her as a friend and classmate", Mingyu answered.
"Why did you pull her away from Somi and the crowd of students this morning then?" Seungcheol questioned.
Mingyu answered, "I couldn't just stand there at see her get slapped by my ex-girlfriend when she did nothing wrong."
"Sounds like something is going on between the two of you. How come you never told us about her being your friend?" Vernon said.
"I'll tell you guys another time, the bell is about to ring."
Zyu's POV
I heard the bell rang and headed to my next class. Weirdly, I didn't have an appetite during lunch today. While I was sitting on the rooftop, I kept thinking about my childhood. There was something I don't know and I need to find out what it is. It kept making my vision fuzzy and my head ached whenever I tried to think about it.
I tried to ignore the pain, but it got worse when I thought hard about it. Whatever, I tried not to think about it. Closing my eyes, I listened to Never Give Up by Zelo and Yongguk; and let my mind run free from all of my thoughts.
Author's POV
Mingyu, Zyu, and Somi had art together. Mr. Jung, the art teacher said," Today you'll be drawing what or who inspires you to start or to continue doing your passion." Zyu couldn't think of what or who inspired her to dance, which is her passion. She felt like she knows it's a who, but she couldn't figure out the 'who' she was thinking about. Somi's passion is singing and the person that inspires her is Beyoncé. Somi thinks her concepts are cool and eye-catching, her vocals are powerful, and she would like to be like Beyoncé one day.
Mingyu's was rapping and his role model was Sehun from EXO. Since Zyu couldn't think of her reasoning for her passion of dancing, she thought about who inspires her to sing, since that's her second passion. Mariah Carey is her inspiration because, even though, she developed some vocal nodules, that didn't stop her from doing what she loves, singing.
After their fourth period class, all the students returned to their home room till the end of the day; the teachers had meetings. It was now the end of the day and Zyu had to stay after school for detention. After she was dismissed, she went to get some bubble tea at a place she use to go to with her best friend every week. She doesn't go there as often as before cause whenever she goes, she misses her best friend badly and wishes they were there together like the old times. When she got home, she went to brush her teeth, plopped onto her bed and fell in a deep sleep.
~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~<~>~
Hey, here's my second chapter, hope you liked it! Tell me what you thought about it in the comments. Thanks for reading :-)