Chapter 6

Legend for dialogues:
Normal - Korean
Italicized - English

ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

I saw Vernon staring at the other shoes in the rack with a blank face. His eyes showed sadness and disappointment which made me feel bad. I didn't think Allie picking the boots I chose would hurt him this much.

"Vernon?" I called out to him which made him turn to me.

"Hyung! I thought you were with Allie," he said in a confused tone.

"She's worried about you," I told him as I walked towards him. "Are you mad?"

"I'm not," Vernon replied as he looked away. "It's so obvious that she prefers you over me."

I sighed at his words. He thinks I'm taking Allie away from him? I may not support the idea of them being together but that's only because he just met her. What will happen if she finds out the truth about us? Will she see Vernon the same way?

"Don't rush into a relationship with her. You just met and she's not staying long," I told Vernon.

"But I could at least try, right?" he asked. "I don't want to lose to you."

This got me by surprise. He really thinks I have a thing for Allie? She's very pretty, I'll tell you that, but I have no idea about these things!

"I'm not stealing her from you. But don't force yourself on her as well, understand?" I replied.

"I'm telling you hyung; you have a crush on her. It's in there somewhere," he said with a grin on his face. "No matter how close we are, I won't hand her over to you."

"Let's just get back to them," I said as I rolled my eyes at him. Aish! This kid is so possessive! It's not like she belongs to him.

When we got back to where we left Allie, we saw her desperately trying to get the boots off while Dino was trying to calm her down. Please do note the words trying.

"What's going on here?" Vernon asked making the two freeze as if they were in a crime scene.

"Sixty thousand won! Dude this thing is sixty thousand won! That's already my lunch!" Allie said.

"Noona we could pitch in! They look really good on you and it'd be sad if you don't get anything from here," Dino said as he tried to convince to keep the footwear.

"I already told you I don't want you paying for it!" Allie screamed.

"What is going on here?!" a strict voice suddenly screamed, making everyone silent. It was S.Coups with his arms crossed in front of his chest. "Well?"

"Let's go to another store," Allie simply said before she exited with her shoes already on.

"What happened?" Jeonghan inquired as he stood beside S.Coups.

"She found out that the shoes were too expensive for her. I was trying to tell her we can help in paying but she wouldn't listen to me," Dino explained.

The sales lady from earlier suddenly approached us with a worried expression.

"Did she not like them sir?" she asked me.

"Can you please pack it up? I'll take it," I simply replied.

"Hyung she'll get mad at us!" Dino said in an alarmed tone.

"I'll take care of it," I simply replied as I prepared my wallet.

"In that case, please wrap the red one up as well," Vernon intruded as he also brought his wallet out.