Prompto #114

(A/N) Here's another request from @chibs7 I hope you all enjoy!

I can't believe there's only five more days until the game comes out! I'm so excited!

~~~~

You loved your boyfriend, really you did. His quirks were just a part of his personality, usually they were pretty endearing anyway. There was just one, small little problem that made him cute and annoying at the same time. He was a sucker for puppy dog eyes.

"No more dogs. How hard is it to understand?" You questioned while several dogs pawed at your legs when you walked into your apartment. The dogs at your feet weren't the problem, Prompto had brought those dogs home awhile ago. The problem was that he had two puppies in his hands and a nervous smile on his face.

"I'm sorry beloved! I'm trying, but you should've been there! They were on the side of the road, they were so sad and skinny! I had to save them, you understand right?" You sighed, watching as Prompto sad expression grew as he stared at the puppies.

"Our apartment isn't even big enough for the four we already have sunshine. It's time we start considering putting the strays in a shelter." You watched him put the puppies on the kitchen counter, giving them each a can of dog food.

"There's no 'no kill' shelters in the area, I checked. I don't want the pups to die if they can't find a family." Prompto looked up at you while turning the kitchen sink on, presumably to bathe the new puppies. You winced at the hurt expression on his face, even if there was a good chance they'd get adopted you knew Prompto wouldn't take that chance.

"I know you don't, I don't want that either. We just don't live in a place built for all these animals though." You replied, making your way over to Prompto, and putting your hand over his.

"You're right, let me get them cleaned up before we take them. Okay?" You nodded, kissing his cheek before turning to feed the rest of your dogs.

"Don't look at me like that." You said shooting your most recent dog, Amaryllis, a glare. It felt like all your dogs understood Prompto, which made it that much harder to turn new strays away.

"Hey! Watch it, Bubbles!" You heard your boyfriend laugh out.

"You named it Bubbles?" You questioned, turning around to look at your slightly wet boyfriend.

"Yeah, Bubbles is the girl. Slurpee is the boy." Most of the time Prompto came up with names for the dogs, he was better at it. The names were usually based on where he found them, or their personality so these names confused you.

"Why'd you choose those names?" You asked, leaning against the wall.

"I chose Bubbles because she covered herself in bubbles when I started bathing her. He's Slurpee because he keeps slurping up the bath water!" Prompto replied, now drying off the two puppies. You could feel the gazes of your other dogs on you, daring you to keep your previous decision.

"Alright you're both clean! I guess, that means we're taking you to a shelter now." You watched as the happiness in his voice slowly disappeared the longer he talked. Turning to face your oldest dog Ebony you could practically see the amusement in her eyes.

'You're going to give in.' her eyes said, and you wanted to groan at your own predictability. Turning your head to face Prompto you realized why Ebony was right. Prompto currently had the most pitiful expression on his face while he looked at you. The perfect puppy dog eyes.

"Maybe, we don't have to take them to the shelter." You saw Prompto's eyes light up like a Christmas tree in response before he came over, picked you up and spun you around. You could hear your dogs barking in excitement, like they were happy for your inevitable downfall.

"Thank you so much! I promise you won't regret it!" In that moment you realized, maybe you were the sucker for puppy dog eyes.

~~~~

(A/N) I murdered my fluffy heart with this one! Prompto makes me melt guys! Thanks so much for reading guys!

See ya next time!