Chapter 3

Everyone walks out of the Five-0 base talking to their partner that they will be riding with. Getting out to the parking lot the NM team follows their partner to their car.

"No way Steve that's a nice truck you got there." Misty calls out "Makes me miss mine back home."

"Ya but at least his clean, yours has dust everywhere even inside." Maria laughs and Misty makes a rude gesture to her. Emily glares at both of them and they both behave.

Before they go Emily reminds them why they are here and to behave. Emily kisses Justin bye and gets into the truck, throwing her glare at the two girls.

Maria gets into the silver Camaro with Danny and they take off. While in the car a strange ring tone goes off and Maria starts laughing silently.

"Hello" Danny says answering his phone. "What do you mean you just left the island, well ya its last minute? I'm giving a tour of the island to someone." Danny argues with his ex-wife.

"Of course I'll go get her, just a little more or a warning next time." Danny hangs up the phone and he looks pissed and yet pleased.

"Is everything ok?" Maria asks.

"My ex-wife and her husband have decided to leave the island and go away for the weekend. Leaving me with my daughter, I don't mind its just, you don't mind if she rides with us do you?" Danny asks hoping she won't mind.

"Of course not I'd love to meet her. It may help to have a little one around I miss my daughter very much." Maria pulls out a picture of her and a little girl. They look alike down to the hair; both are brown skin and dark brown hair with the same brown eyes. "My hair was kinda of a bet between the two of us." Maria laughs.

"What's her name?" Danny asks

Kiana Amelia Jacqueline Quinn"

"Isn't Kiana Hawaiian?" Danny asks.

"It is, one of my best friends in high school was named Kiana. She died the night my baby was born. She helped me a lot though school and made sure on the days I was to sick to go that I got all my work done and turned in. if not for her and Emily I wouldn't of finished high school."

"I see and her middle name is for your leader Emily just the Spanish version, Jacqueline is for who? Sorry I don't mean to pry I'm just asking.

Maria laughs

"Its ok I love talking about Kiana. Jacqueline is my mother's middle name, and because the father doesn't recognize her as his she has my last name." Maria puts the picture away.

"Is she staying with your mom while you're here." Danny asks

"No with one of my second oldest brother and his family. It was hard to leave her but to keep her safe I'd do anything."

Danny smiles and his heart beats a little faster. Maria looks out at the ocean and the land as they pull up to a school. They both get out and wait for the bell to ring. When it does a little girl about the same age as her daughter runs to Danny and jumps in his arms.

"Hello Monkey" Danny says

"Hey Danno"

"Gracie this is Maria Quinn she is here from New Mexico to learn from me, Uncle Steve and everyone else."

Grace walks over to Maria and shakes her hand.

"Hello Grace you can call me Maria. You know I have daughter back home the same age as you I hope we can be friends." Grace smiles.

They all get back into the car.

"Grace you don't mind going on a tour of the island with us do you?" Maria asks from the front seat. Grace shakes her head no.

"That's good,"

The car ride around for awhile was quite Maria asking Grace questions and Grace asking some back. Near the end of the tour Maria's phone starts to ring.

"Hello. Hey mamas how are you baby I miss you." That must be Kiana, Danny tells himself.

He pulls over to a part of the beach were they get out of the car. Danny and Grace go to a place that is selling shaved ice and Maria walks a bit behind them talking on her phone. After a bit Danny hears Maria say goodnight to the little girl on the other end of the phone and she hangs up whipping a small tear from her eyes.

They head back to the car with the sun setting its time to get to Steve's house.

Steve and Emily

So what made you go into the Army?" Steve asks as they pull out of the parking lot.

"I come from a long line of family who was in the Army. That's were my parents met and me and Justin met."

"What about your sister I know she said she can't talk about why she's on the team but maybe you could tell a little bit." Steve asks

Emily smiles and nods

"Misty has always been a bit special. She's been doing undercover work for many people since she was a junior in high school and a bit even before then. The only reason she went to the academy was to put on a real record that she had some training." Emily says.

They tour the island talking about random things and Steve tells Emily about his father. They also go to the store to get what will be needed for dinner that night. Emily telling Steve what her team will and will not eat.

They get back to the house and start to cook the food. Most of it is done by the time everyone shows up.

p_#i: