Out the door

Mackenzie's POV: Abby's words ring through my head. All I hear is 'Mackenzie you did Terrible'. Maybe I am terrible. Maybe I'm not needed here. I probably have a better life elsewhere. "Mackenzie! SNAP OUT OF IT!" I hear. I jerk back into reality. "Lets go to awards now" Abby says, her voice sickly sweet.

The Announcer stands on stage. "And now for the Junior Elite Solo Division". The is tense and you can sense the nerves of everyone. Except Maddie, of course. I hope that I placed in the top three. "In third place is . . .Chloe!" Chloe looks upset and stands up to receive her award. "In second place is . . . " Maddie looks at me with a smirk and mouths Loser at me. I hope the cameras caught that, so the world can see what a jerk Maddie is. The announcer says "Drumroll Please " Everyone starts banging on their laps or the floor. "Maddie!" A look of shock crosses her face. Oh gosh. This means that I didn't place.  "And in first place is . . . . " The whole place goes silent. "Mackenzie!". My mouth drops wide open. Surely they made some muck up, there's no way I beat Maddie. I stand up to accept my trophy, which is as tall as I am. The announcer continues "Not only did Mackenzie win this competition with the top score, she had a perfect score." The crowd gasps, that means I made absolutely no mistakes. "She is the first person to get a perfect score, in the whole 75 years this competition has been running which means that . . . Her name will be carved onto a Gold Plated Slab and hung up in the Dancer's Hall of Fame, the most Prestigious Dance award one could ever receive. She will also receive another Trophy, which will be hers until the next time someone has a perfect score." The crowd cheers wildly and for once I feel completely happy. I make eye contact with Abby and she gives me a furious glare. I look over at Maddie who is smiling for the cameras but in her eyes she is Green with Envy. I take my trophy's and sit back down. Then they announce the group awards we haven't been announced yet and they are up to second place "In second place is ...Dying Down by Candy Apples and in First Place is Reflection, Entry Number 79. We scramble up to get our award and the announcer asks "What studio are you girls from?" "ALDC!!!!!" We all yell. We go back to the dressing room. "All right girls, we had a clean sweep this week!" We all cheer. "But. . . It's very obvious they made some stupid mistakes" "Mackenzie, I don't know how you fluked that win. Maddie was so much better than you." Maddie gives me a sorrowful look "Mackenzie, how do you think you did?" "Well" I stutter. "I think my facial expressions were really good" I say. "The only thing wrong with your facial expressions is that I could see them. That whole time you were up there, it looked like your face was on fire and someone tried to put it out with a hammer. What else do you think you did 'good'?" She asks. "I think my toes were pointed and my legs were straight" I say truthfully. "Mackenzie, to call you stupid would be a insult to stupid people.". This sets me off. All that anger that I've kept inside me for years comes out. In one simple sentence. "Abby, if you had another brain, it would be lonely." It takes her a while to work out what I mean and by the time she's got it, I've ran out the door.

Hope you liked it!

Love, Bella xxx