Chapter 3

I just stood there, in the doorway to the kitchen, in complete shock. I was speechless. I didn't even know what to think, or what I should do.

I ran over to my mom, and tried nudging her,  trying to wake her up. But it didn't work. My mom would have never done so,etching like this, it just wasn't like her.

The weird part about all of this, is that only the kitchen was burnt. That means someone must have came here and stopped the fire, but didn't bother to help my mom. I didn't know what I should do, call the police? So many things were running around in my mind, I couldn't even think straight.

I stood there, a couple minutes, just trying to figure out what happened, but I wasn't a very good investigator, I found out that day.

I picked up the phone, and dialed 9-1-1. I told them all what I saw, and what I was doing before I came in. In only took the ambulance, and police to arrive at my front door in like 5 minutes.

They came in, not rushed or anything. Like this want a big deal. Well, guess what, this was a very big deal. Nothing like this ever happened.

The ambulance went to look at my mom, while a girl from the police department was talking to me. I saw the ambulance, out of the corner of my eye, taking my moms pulse. They gave a thumbs up and a nod, I sure hoped that meant she was still alive.

The girl was still talking to me, asking me questions like, 'Where were you before you came home?' and 'Was it like this when you came home?' Of course I answered every one of those questions honestly. I was so scared, for me and my mom. I didn't what was going to happen next. Tears started to roll down my face, and I could feel like all of their eyes landed on me.

I went to sit on the couch, and watch what they were doing. There were some investigators, searching around the whole kitchen. They started to break the wall, and look into it, but I didn't bother to get up, and ask what they were doing. They were professionals, they were probably trying to find out how the fire started.

One of the investigators can over to me and said, "This investigation may take a little bit longer then we expected. Do you have another place you can go, like to a friends?" "Yes." I replied. "And you might want to pack a bag. This is going to go over night too." And with that, I went up stairs, packed a bag, and started walking off to Sydney's house.

I know it was a far walk, but this was important, and I didn't feel like going to Justin's house, to tell him about what happened.

The whole walk to Sydney's was so pain full. I was crying the whole time. Not to mention I was also running. I was just trying to get to Sydney's house as fast as possible. I thought about texting her and telling her I'm coming over, but it was raining and I didn't want the rain to break my phone.

I ran the first mile, I wasn't in the best of shape, but I still ran the first mile. I walked the other mile. While walking that second mile, the only thing that was on my mind, was that mom was unconscious. I didn't know how to react. I know I should have said something when that lady was talking to me, but I was in complete, and utterly shock.

I was walking in the cold, freezing rain. I was actually warm when I was running, but then I cooled off real quick. The second mile must have taken at least 2 hours. Okay, maybe I was over exaggerating, but it felt like it took forever. It was probably only like 20 minutes though.

As I walked to the front door to Sydney's house, I was thinking.

What if she wasn't even home. That means walked whole 2 miles for nothing.