Chapter Thirty One

"Oh my god call 911!" I was in and out of a beautifully deep sleep when I heard Tre scream. "She's had some kind of stroke!" He yelled again. I felt hands on me now, familiar hands. "Aria?" Billies soothing voice began to wake me. "Mhmm?" I moaned sleepily. "Wake up baby." He whispered to me. "Eh." I unconsciously moved my hand through the air. "Tre thinks you're having a stroke." I could hear the sarcasm in Billies voice. My eyes flew open. "Wha- what?" I asked still half asleep. I opened my eyes to find Billie, Tre and Joey standing over me. "What's going on?" I began but Tre cut me off. "Oh thank god!" He threw his hand over his heart, clearly relieved. Billie rolled his eyes. "Jesus fucking Christ Tre she's fine!" Billie was looking down at me. "You threw up on yourself, look at you.. Just disgusting!" Tre yelled at me. I wiggled my fingers and slowly stood up with the help of Joey. I was wearing a sports bra and a pair of yoga pants. A tan clumpy goo covered my stomach I stuck my finger into it and licked the excess off curiously tasting it. "It's oatmeal dumbass, now let the blimp by." I pushed past him and walked towards the kitchen. I pulled a can of ginger ale from the refrigerator and cracked it open. The three of them were once again standing in front of me watching my every move. "You were grunting and flopping around!" Tre yelled again. I placed my soda can down on the counter and shrugged my shoulders. "What can I say? Johnny Depp sure knows how to show a girl a good time. If ya know what I mean." I winked, Billie raised his brow. "You had a sex dream about Johnny Depp?" He asked me intrigued. "Yup, he is the great one.." I smiled and waddled down the hallway. "Um wait a minute! I thought I was the great one!?" Billie yelled after me. I ignored him.

Later on that night:

I was driving around the streets of Oakland aimlessly. Billie, Mike and Tre were already half way to Arizona by now, their last concert before they took a break. I stumbled upon a peaceful but high class neighborhood. Like nothing I had ever seen before. I admired the beauty of each home paved in brick and siding swirled with black marble. I drove down a long road which I soon realized was not a road at all but a private driveway. My car was in reverse and I was ready to pull away when I saw it. A two story home with sky blue siding, white cottage like shudders on each window and gray stone covering the lower half. It reminded me of my small town back east. I was drawn in and there was no turning back. I knocked on the front door and a very brittle old man answered. "He- hello?" He squinted. "Can I help you?" He asked me. An older woman who I assumed was his wife walked up behind him. She looked about the same age but in much better health. "Who are you?" She asked not unkindly. "Oh I'm sorry ma'am I'm Aria Morgan. I was admiring your home, you see I just recently moved here.. To California that is, and well frankly I hate it." She looked at me confused stepping in front of her husband now. "Your house reminds me of my mom and dad.." I stuttered "it reminds me of my brother and sister and my childhood." I spit out. "And?" She began. "I'm not understanding exactly where this is going." She began to close the door now as if to dismiss me. "No! Wait please.." I raised my voice desperately. my fingers fumbled around in my purse until I found Billies checkbook. "I'd like to buy it." I smiled innocently. "It's not for sale." She glared at me. "I know.." I paused unsure of what to say. "Name your price." I had resumed my perfect posture and collected my thoughts, I was calm now. She raised her eyebrow as if to test me. "One million." Her stare never left mine. She meant business. "I'll give you two." And at that I signed the check.

__________________________

Nice long chapter, you guys like? I hope so! Only a few more chapters left until Layla's arrival get excited! That's the good news. The bad news? His Stray Heart will soon come to an end. But it shall go out with a bang. Boooo don't hate me. ): xoxo

P.S. vote vote vote! Yes even my invisible readers who rarely if at all make themselves known, I know you're there. (; Don't know how to vote? Click on the star! No more excuses!