Chapter Twenty Four

I could feel myself tossing and turning violently in my sleep. Nightmare after nightmare of Billie comforting Adrienne back at the studio. He was embracing her, telling her that everything was going to be okay. My eyes burst open. "Billie what time is it?" I called out hoping he would answer. Darkness filled our bedroom, all trace of the glorious winter sun shining through the curtains gone. My nap had lasted much longer then planned. I felt a hand on my back, "it's 8:00 baby.." Billies voice was soothing. I blinked and rolled over to face him, steadying my sleepy vision. "I'm sorry about earlier Ar." I wasn't in the mood for a fight, after all, Adrienne was still the mother of his children. Her feelings mattered too. "It's okay." I whispered. "I hate to bring it up but we have to start packing." He was frowning now. I slid out of bed and pulled two suitcases out of the closet. I kicked the one across the room and over to the dresser. It was obvious to Billie I was sulking. "This won't be enough for all of our stuff." I pointed out to him. "I have more in Jakob's room, I'll be right back." I watched him walk out as he closed the door behind him. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my cell phone. As I scrolled through my contact list I wondered how my family would take the news about the move. I pressed "home" and waited for the ring. My moms cheery voice answered "Sweetheart how are you?" She asked before either of us could even say hello. "I'm doing okay mom, is dad home by any chance?" I asked her. "Yes he's here.. Do you want to talk to him?" I could hear the jealousy in her voice which prompted me to let out a laugh. I almost forgot what laughing felt like, it had been days. "Can you put the phone on speaker? I have something to say." A beeping noise blurred through the phone. "Sorry sorry wrong button!" She yelled. I pulled the phone away from my ear and made a face. "Okay honey you're on speaker!!" She screamed again way too loudly as if putting the phone on speaker magically made me def. "Hi princess!" I could practically see my dads warm hearted smile. "Hi dad." I responded. "Shhh she has something to tell us.." My mom silenced him. Curiosity always got the best of her. "Well.. This isn't easy but.. On Tuesday.." I paused. "We are moving out to California." There was a silence on the other end. "Oh.." My mother began. "Will you be back?" She asked. The utter sadness in her voice nearly broke my heart in two. "I don't know. Only for visits I suppose." A tear fell from my eye I quickly wiped it away with the back of my hand. "I.. I don't understand Princess why California?" My father asked confused. "Because dad, home is where Green Day takes us." I placed my hand on my belly and looked over to where Billie was, leaning against the bedroom door. "I'm so sorry." He whispered.

__________________________

This chapter was terribly short and for that I apologize. On another note I have great news. I've decided that after the completion of His Stray Heart I will be creating a second book. This second book (sequel) will chronicle the life of Billie and Arias son/ daughter (we don't know yet (;) as a teenager. Thoughts? Comments and votes are always appreciated. xo