Serving

Hinata stared at the net above him. The sight of it made him excited. He wanted to see the view from the top. He backed up and ran toward the net, jumping up and spiking an imaginary ball. He landed, a smile etched onto his face. A smile that quickly became a look of embarrassment.

"Oi, what are you doing?"

The harsh voice belonged to none other than Kageyama, The main setter for Karasuno, and Hinata's "best" friend.

"N-nothing!" Hinata exclaimed. Kageyama sighed.

"Let's just get started." Kageyama went to fetch the equipment, Hinata on his heels, and the simple job became a race. Grabbing the nets, and the poles, the duo quickly set everything up.

"No fair!" Hinata exclaimed.

"I win." Kageyama smiled creepily. "Now it's 29-28. Me."

"Those two actually keep score?" Asahi whispered to Nishinoya.

"Yeah, it's kinda weird, but kinda cute." He whispered back.

"Alright. Let's get started." Daichi said commandingly.

"Yeah!" Everyone yelled.

The team started out by doing laps, Hinata and Kageyama racing again, with Hinata winning, but it was very close. Then they did dives, another race. Kageyama victory. Then they practiced serves. Hinata's worst spot.

"Why can't I just get it perfect?" Hinata whined, after sending yet another ball straight into the net.

"It's not something that happens right away." Kageyama said. He approached the orange haired boy, and bounced a volleyball in front of him.

"Kageyama?"

"Like this." Kageyama tossed the ball lightly, and hit it with his hand, sending in over the net, and right in the middle of the opposite end of the court.

"That was really good!" Hinata yelled,

"T-thanks..." Kageyama looked away.

"Soooo?"

"So what?"

"How does it go again?"

"Dumbass." Kageyama face palmed. "It's like this." Kageyama demonstrated the simple serve again.

"Okay."

"Do you get it now?"

"No."

"Okay, um." Kageyama looked to his teammates for support, but all he found were faces that were barely containing a laugh. He scowled.

"Kageyama?" Hinata asked.

"I don't know...."

"That's okay." Hinata moved a step closer to his setter. Then a lightbulb went off inside of Kageyama's head.

"It's like a spike!"

"Huh?"

"A spike. Except you have to toss the ball to yourself. Then you hit it at a downward angle, until it hits the other side."

"Really? I hadn't thought of that before." Hinata looked around, grabbing a volleyball. He breathed deeply in.

"You can do it." Kageyama encouraged.

Hinata exhaled and tossed the ball up, hitting it with his hand. It sailed to the other side of the court, and bounced near the middle.

"Did you see that!" Hinata yelled.

"Yes, it was really good!" Kageyama grinned, holding up a hand for a high five.

Hinata grinned and smacked Kageyama's hand. Hinata stared deep into Kageyama's eyes.

"W-what are you doing, dumbass?" A light pink dusted Kageyama's cheeks.

"You know," Hinata smirked. "Being nice is a good look on you." He then jogged past the setter to retrieve the volleyballs. Kageyama stared at his back, the blush becoming more intense when Kageyama began to realize the feelings he had toward the orange haired spiker.