Chapter seven: Dream

After Carrius, not Dennis anymore because non of his family was there to call him that—had dropped his sister in their house and had successfully endured the constant badgering and begging from the two women in the house, he finally made it to any elludur’s safe refuge.  The place was called, funnily, the Haven.  Carrius would’ve come here upon his first arrival in the human world for his need of basic clothing to fit in, but since Archelle had provided him his basic necessities, he decided to let that wait instead.

                But he was now standing in front of it, and he described the Haven funny because it was a name not worthy of its appearance.  The house or whatever it was was in complete shambles.  If before, the two storey marble house was built with colorful tinted glass that showed beautiful images of whatever it showed, it was now broken and seemed to not have occupied any living being.  He did seem to follow the right address the Elders gave him, not to mention, the specific way it would take for him to get there.

                But the house looked blurry, if the black horror movie like gate with the ‘no peeing here’ sign still appeared to be the black gate it was, the Haven seemed swirled in his vision like a kaleidoscope, and every time he blinked, it just returned to its original form and then back to swirling again.

                “Yup.  This is it.” But how do I get in?

                “Mr. Klyne?” A feminine voice called, which in turn shocked Carrius out of his reverie.

                He whisked his head around and was greeted by the sight of one of his female students from his other Physics class.  The girl had slashed brown hair and big blue eyes; she was dressed in a loose grey shirt and shorts that didn’t really look high enough for her legs to be plainly exposed.  She for one also looked geeky, what with her black, big glasses and with the clear evidence of her right hand carrying a novel.  Amusingly, every slight movement she was making made Harry Potter’s golden name glint under the dark sky.

                “Good evening.” He politely greeted.  “And you are?”

                She paused in her tracks and pursed her lips.  “Althea Brown from Elms High.”

                “Right,” he said.  “So, what are you doing here late at night?”

                Althea smiled meekly.  “My parents pick me up here.”

               “By the side of this abandoned cite?” Carrius asked, seemingly shocked by the sound of that news.

              The girl fidgeted with her book, “it’s not at all abandoned.  I see people pass by here and enter.  Some of them even probably live there.” Althea raised an eyebrow in suspicion.  “Do you live here, Mr. Klyne?”

               For that little while, Carrius felt embarrassed.  “I kind of do, but I’m sure it looks better inside than it does outside.  I’ll just check it out, since there are rumors of it being sold.” What? He asked himself.

               She laughed.  “You bet, Mr. Klyne.”                

               Suddenly, a black car pulled through, Althea then said her goodbye and hopped in, within a few seconds, the car had disappeared along with her.  Carrius was left with himself once more. 

               He went back to the black, rusty gate and glared at the wooden sign that lazily hung from it.  “Let me in.” he said dully.  Within a few seconds, nothing happened.  Dennis tried to see where anything may have an opening, or some kind of weak spot of the sort, but it was securely locked with a big chain and lock attached with it.  As if the presence of the chain wasn’t overkill enough.  He sighed tiredly as he now pushed and pulled it with a force his father would’ve been proud of.  “Hey! Anyone here?” Carrius yelled, but nobody answered.