Chapter 3: would you like that?

Tyler went back to school the next day. He starts therapy in the next three days. Everyone was a lot nicer in his household. His brothers actually showed they care, his sister ranted about her days at school with him, his mother brought him with her on errands, and his Dad showed he cared. 

School was the same way. Brendon apparently screamed at Joey, saying it's his fault. So Joey stopped bothering Tyler for the most part. Still called him fag in the hallways, but Joey stopped the daily beatings. Which Tyler thought was nice. 

Then the day had finally come. Joshua William Dun was moving to Tyler's school. Also Josh requested Tyler to show him around. 

"Tyler, go down to the main office." His art teacher said after answering a phone call. The hallways were quiet, the sound of Tyler's shoes echoed around the hallway. He made it to the brown door that led to the office. 

"Tyler, this is Josh. He requested for you to show you the way around the school. Also he has three classes with you." The principal announced when he walked in. Tyler nodded, as he reached for Josh's schedule. 

Josh and Tyler left the office. They had a long walk. 

"So why are you moving to this school?" Tyler asked. 

"Well,  that school was really big, and the people there made my anxiety a lot worse than it already was. So my parents let me move schools." Josh answered. 

"Oh. I'm sorry. During lunch you can meet my friends. They are great. If one of them acts really depressed, it's because his crush moved 3000 miles away over the summer." Tyler said while glancing at the wall. 

"Oh thanks. Are they nice?" Josh asked.

"Probably the best people you'll meet." Tyler replied with a bright smile. They continued to walk around more, and eventually spent the most of the day walking around. Josh still hardly knew where anything was. But that was okay. 

"Hey Tyler, I know this is soon, but would you like to go out with me on Friday?" Josh asked.

"Oh wow, of course Josh." Tyler answered with excitement. 

The day was almost over, and Tyler insisted to drive Josh home instead of him taking the bus. Josh politely agreed. They left for the car and Tylers face was bright red just thinking of their date. The car ride was short, they played the killers, and talked about life. Finally they made it to Josh's house. 

"I'm going to walk you in." Tyler offered. 

"You don't have to." Josh said.

"Yes I do." Tyler insisted. 

They walked up to the front porch. Before josh walked inside, he kissed Tyler on the cheek. Tyler was left standing there holding his cheek and blushing. Now he couldn't wait til Friday.