Chapter 6: The story

Zane's pov

I stepped into Jade's room until I saw that dead beat bastard that used to be married to my younger sister but he knew if he stood in my way of seeing Jade; the hospital is going to have make him a room to recovery from my beating hearing my warning; he let me in with my nephew and his friend as Melissa closed the door behind us.

I see my little girl Jade I didn't know why but all the memories when she and her sisters were growing came into my mind as I went over to her bed side; the doctors stopped the brain from bleeding but they shaved her hair off looking like I did when I was young.

"Zane?" Melissa said touching my shoulder I held my sob as I held her hand; she had that understanding look that she would react the same way If something were to ever happen to Scott. I let go of her hand, bending over to Jade kissing her forehead; the heart monitor was steady a mask is placed over her helping her breathe out since her throat was cut open also stitch as well my family had history of asthma so no surprise that she inherited it from my genes. A leg cast on her right leg and bandages over her lower half of her body also bumps and bruises on her face including the left side of her face a large bandage with small stitches over her eyebrow but otherwise she was done.

The doctor came into the room with a clip board in hand and she walks over to me.

"Zane Quilla; you're Jade's father?" She asked I nodded.

"I'm sorry for your lost but due to the impact that your daughter endured from the car crash we need blood. She said I agreed quickly as they set up the blood transfusion three quarters of bags she lost so much blood due to her weight only 92 pounds which weighed her mother so much; I sat down the chair next to my daughter's side the injected the bag of blood within her right arm.

"Doctor how long will it be until she wakes up?" I asked the doctor frowns looking at the clip board.

"I'm not very sure sir my best professional option due to the amount of blood that you're daughter had lost; it'll take longer for her body to regains its strength... Mr. Zane while we were examining your daughter. I looked into her medical records if she had recent events occur during her time in school and it says here that you deal with arms weaponry to provide to police station and security companies." She explained.

I cleared my throat and rose from my spot in front of her; her eyes widen and hugged her board. "Doctor no disrespect but I'll answer all your questions about my daughter's medical history; I don't need anyone else sticking their nose into our business, understand?"

"Mr. Quilla." The sheriff warned me, placing her hand on my shoulder. I really need to get this over with I know the hospital called my eldest daughter; knowing her she'll be driving all the way here from Pennsylvania. This will only make things worst; we haven't spoke since she moved out of the house. The doctor continued.

"We also found history of bone fractures, along with scarring care to explain about that." I gripped the metal railing of Jade's bed and spoke through my clenched teeth.

"Do you assume that I hurt my daughter!?" I asked turning to the doctor; she got more afraid as I approached her. Melissa steps in front of me.

"Get out!" I growled punching the wall with my fist the doctor was shakingas the Sheriff escort the doctor out; Scott and his childhood friend Stiles stared at me with surprised looks.,Melissa comes from behind slaps me across the face; a huge red hand print on my left cheek both Stiles and Scott were really surprised by Melissa as am I.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ZANE! You can't keep yourself out of trouble here?! Ending up in jail isn't going to help Jade when she wakes up. . .Think about her before you screw things up for yourself." Melissa explained. She was right I wasn't thinking clearly; my little girl doesn't know she lost her mother and she doesn't need to see me like this.