Chapter 10: The truth

Derek's pov

Reid and I left my house and went to my loft; it's big enough for us but my main concern was what my mother meant about a new member.

"You're worried aren't you?" Reid asked me as I was pulled out of my day dreaming. I brushed him off; he chuckled at me usually he wouldn't want to get involved into other affairs. He's a lone wolf the one that stays away from other wolves.

"Hey Reid?" I asked him; he steps out of the other room and turns to me.

"What made you call me and Scott to help the girl?" I asked him; his expression was blank, great poker face. He didn't answer my question. I turned to my side and headed to the shower.

"I have my own reason being here... like you do with Cristina." He announced loudly. I threw my shoe at him but he dodge it easily while in the shower I started remembering about how Cristina and I met.

Flash Back:

I was running through the woods in fear hunters were following me and I knew I couldn't out run them any longer; one of the werewolves that was running with me was shot with an arrow through his throat.

I got under a rock waiting for the hunters to pass by me so I can lose them.

"How many are there left?!" One of the hunters yells for the others to answer.

I kept quiet seeing them take the other werewolf's body away than I heard footsteps coming their way.

"There's about three more a male and two females!" The other hunters said Laura must have gotten out safe; I saw them through the rocks coming my way towards me.

I sighed quietly my claws out ready for them to strike as I heard their guns and toys gunning for me. Then two other figures jumped over me and landing in a crouching position; they both growl at the hunters challenging all of them for a fight.

I couldn't see well one of the bright lights were set off as I got hit in the stomach but the mysterious werewolves weren't affected by the light; they kept on fighting the hunters head on suddenly the Hunter that held me was thrown to where the other hunters were being tied.

I was on the ground and a hunter that was free was going to shoot me; his bullets are made with wolf's bane. The deadly poison that werewolves like us, can't heal from until a girl about my age dropped kicked him to the ground, knocking him out cold while the hunters ran off leaving their own men behind.

I grunted and groan in pain placing myself against the rocks; my vision and mind went numb as a black figure came in front of me.

"Hey are you alright? For a Hale you aren't the best fighter." A girl's voice giggled at me; my vision cleared and I saw her eyes glowing bright gold as she held out her hand to me.

I saw multiple bullet wounds on her body; the scent of wolf's bane linger in her wounds.

"You're bleeding." I pointed out; she chuckled but she collapsed on top of me.

"Cristina!" The others yelled for her and that's how we met I nursed her back to health and we bounded after a while she was the first relationship after Paige but it all went to her when I came back.

Flash Back ended:

The shower went cold; I turned off the water as I got out of the shower dried myself off and got dressed.

Once I walked out of the bathroom the door to the left was open and Reid was nowhere to be seen.

"Reid?!" I called out to him; no answer until something hard and metal hit me upside the head. Reid shows up from coming upstairs with a bag; he probably left to get something, I rolled over to see Melody, Cristina's sister and she's pissed; I roared at her. She grins and slams the metal bat in the middle of legs close to my crotch; I jumped up with Reid behind me.

"Derek Hale... son of Thalia Hale a powerful alpha imagine my surprise that my sister Cristina and you were a couple long ago during her travels well... bub you're going to get what's coming towards you." She growled with her eyes glowing as she went to a stance her forearm pointed to me.

"Arghh!" She yelled and a flying round house kick to my head that I couldn't dodge in time; she elbows Reid away from us and landed on top of me, wrapping her legs around my neck and uses her strength to send me flying. She lands on her feet and walks over to me with the metal bat sliding across the floor towards me.

"This is for Cristina." She praised lifting the bat above her head ready to strike me.

"STOP IT!" A voice pleaded Melody stopped putting the bat down beside her turning around to see Jade. Reid held his gut where Melody elbowed him. He forces himself to stand up.

"Jade? You should be in bed, asleep." Melody scoffed, Jade was in pain of her body; she shouldn't be standing up. Jade looks at her sister than at me.

"Please don't,  it's not his fault. He didn't know she didn't tell him." Jade told her, I looked at Melody than at Jade. she was pale and shaking from the aftermath of her coma.

"Told me what? Jade?" I wondered getting back up from the ground. Jade crouched down as Melody dropped the metal bat catching her sister before she hit the ground. Reid and I ran towards them while Jade assured us that she was alright.

"No! You're not alright Jade!" Melody scolded her sister she chuckled at her.

"How the hell did you find me?" Melody asked her as she and I placed her on a chair to sit down and she was still covered in bandages and the cast on her right leg.

"Argh I know that when I told you... you'll track him down and kill him." Jade explained laughing but was clenching on her hands together. 

"Why are you going to kill me because I hit you with my car?" I wondered. Melody looks at me asking with Jade and Reid.

"Isn't it obvious Derek? What you're mother told you." Reid noted; I shaked my head sitting down a chair with my hands on my face.

"No, there's no way she would have told me if she was Oh God .." I stammered nearly falling on the ground. Melody scoffed.

"You really are a dumbass." She muttered. I couldn't think straight and Melody is right I should have noticed something when Peter mentioned about an heir.

"Derek?" Reid calls out in concern, I couldn't believe it I was so stupid I had a child with a strong woman like my mother.

"She didn't ..." I struggled to say.

"Yeah, I know." Melody grunted, taking a seat on the floor.

Jade sighed with a nod. "Yeah, seems like everyone knows." Reid agreed with them.

"Hmph, and they say you know everything seems this is not your style in knowledge." Melody chuckled; Jade knelt down in front of me.

"If you know in your heart then you know she didn't tell you because she loved you and to keep Gabe  safe." Jade told me. I can see why everyone in her family cares for her deeply she cares more about others than herself forcing herself to get here and stop Melody from killing me.

"Thank you." I whispered to her she pats my head gently as she leans closer to me and slightly whispered into my ear that Reid nor Melody can hear.

"It wasn't your fault Derek... you're mother and father aren't angry with you Laura knew how you felt and forgives you as well... you need to forgive yourself too." She said I gasped at her she gave me an understanding look.

"Cristina is lucky to have you including Gabriel." She said standing up slowly than groan and crouched down again.

"Alright time to go home."Melody stated picking her up but Reid swooped Jade off her feet carrying her bridal style Melody growled. Jade pops her head over at Reid's shoulder looking at her sister.

"Calm down Mel, he's nice enough to carry me down those stairs I had to climb up here. Reid turns to Melody with Jade smiling.

"Guess you're not killing anyone today, Mel." Reid said Jade looks at her sister and I noticed my phone was missing from where I left it.

"Don't worry he's not the only one on the list." Melody warned getting the door open as they walked out the door leaving me behind.