Chapter 15: Aftermath

Reid's Pic

I saw six young wolves not from the true Alphas pack nor her sister's pack and stared at them to where they ran off to. I took a cigarette out putting it between my lips as I took my light and puff the smoke out. I walked towards the direction to where they left to and realized they were tracking someone down.

where are you going? I wondered and followed them. A wise man never looks for trouble but in this case I had to intervene in their plans I ran to the other trees as I had amongst the rocks, leaves. The young wolves surrounded each other as I listen in on their plans.

"Did you find her?"One of them asked the other. "No she's probably still running around __ our alpha still at the party?"

" if we don't find the girl and get her into our cargo we are going to face him __ let's get her now." They said. They belong to a pack and they were order to kidnap Jade to use her for their own advantage to gain more power I hate these kinds of wolves only after power and not gain power of their own attempting to kidnap a gal who doesn't even know the amount of power she holds. I jump out in front of them as they were surprised by me.

"Greetings brother? Are you lost we can escort you back to the manner." The young wolves said I chuckled.

"No use in hiding the fact you want to take the girl for yourselves __ indeed she is a beauty yet you're not interested in her beauty but her gifts __ sorry pups I'm afraid that's not going to happen I warned they crouched down as a signal to attack.

"Before you attack be sure that you are ready to face me." I warned them as I growled showing all my fangs at them.

"Ha! You're outnumbered British! You shouldn't have stick your nose into our business." They growled they were right I was outnumbered but their young not much of a fight at least that's what I thought. Two of them lunged at me I kicked my leg forward hitting one of the pups in the face and I ducked down from the punch the second pup tried throwing at me I caught it before it land a punch until another pup push me forward against a tree. I groan at the impact as I fight busy with the pup I heard someone else in the forest. Than Jade still in her wolf form comes out of the trees leaping forward to us landing in front of the pups growling and snarling at them as they knew to fear her but they tired grabbing her until she launched herself at them. They were brought to their back instantly as she used her weight against them her paw pressed against their necks her teeth inches away from ripping their throats out.

"We're sorry" He pleaded to her to let them go as she waited for a short time she got off the young pups and turned her head and growled at the young lad to let me go as they ran off in fear. I had them. I told her she gave out a raspy laugh than she laid down bowing her head unto the ground as she transformed back to human form. Her silver fur turned to soft tan skin paws turned to hand her feet were a bit pale than the rest of her body she was shaking holding herself for warmth. She realized she was naked and stared at me blushing red I covered my eyes turning away from her.

"I'm sorry __ I huh." I mumbled as I took my shirt off and walked over to her my eyes still closed hanging it out to her as she took it.

"Thank you you uh are you ok?" She asked as I turned around to see her pulling my shirt down to her waist hugging her body I saw a lunar circular white tattoo down to her spinal cord.

" I'm alright __ nice tattoo by the way." I said she looked at me weird than I realized she looked at her chest where she had a small birds on her collar bone. This is the only tattoo I have. She said with her hands covered in dirt she touched her.

"Ah __ it's all the way up to my neck and back." She winced as I walked over to her stopping her hands from touching her back anymore. I held her wrist with the sleeve I knew that if I touched her bare skin I'll see my past again from her power she turned around to face me her wrist was still in my hand.

" I know you saw it__ what was it?" She asked me she started into my eyes her silver eyes pierce my dark brown eyes she came closer to me as I did to her. We were inches from each other, she took a breathing in my scent, than I smell her scent of jasmine, of the woods.

"It's a pleasant smell in fact I never smelled anything so damn good in my life." I admitted

" Um... I should get back my __ grams ...he would be worried about me __ follow me you don't know your way here stay close. She said to me I was intoxicated by her scent. And that can only mean one thing in our world __ the one thing I'd have hope for since I arrived in this country. I found my mate Jade is mine as I am hers.

***

Melody's Pov

Since dawn Jade hasn't return home when I woke up. I went to her room; the bed wasn't even touched. I checked downstairs only the men of Cristina's pack was sleeping on the floor and on the coaches in the living room. Dad was worried as was I we didn't want to worry Scott and Grandpa but at the same time since we arrived the packs were more interested in her. Grandma was very worried about Jade, we all were.

"Tony __ I want you to take Ash and Eric to the forest see where she could've gone too __ Mel make sure Gabriel gets some breakfast __ I'll bring her back." Cristina noted to us knowing her truly; she keeps her promises to anyone.

"Fine , but don't get used to the fact that I'm baby sitting for free." I told her as she went out the door with her men. I left to see Gabriel in my mother's old room when she was still my age until she moved out since then grandma never changed anything from her room. I caught a scent that belongs to non other than Derek that was watching him from the staircase.

Finally the jackass did something brave. I thought to myself as I walked inside while Gabriel sat on the floor with a puzzle wearing headphones that covered his ears. I stared at the CD on the floor and I recognize Jade's old Aerosmith CD.

"Morning my cute baby nephew!" I exclaimed as I scooped him up in my arms and kiss him all over.

"Morning Mel!" He laughed out loud.

"I see Tia Jade had you listening to rock __ come on let's get some breakfast!" I declared as we exit out the door. Derek was probably creeping in the shadows somewhere; dumbass needs to grow a pair. Great grandma is the best cook in this house like myself, Jade and mommy. I acknowledged him as we left downstairs to see Grandma working her magic in the kitchen making pancakes, bacon and ham, home potatoes also with butter milk toast. He put away his headset and hopped down from my arms and helped set the table; such a well manner kid hard to believe that Cristina's his mother but in our family respect is brought to one another. They taught us that the future of their legacy is based on us and now on Gabriel.

"Morning Grandma." I greeted kissing her cheek as Gabe said good morning to her grandma bend down and kissed his cheek gently.

"You are such a good boy; you make use all proud, Gabriel." Grandma told him and sat down a plate of food in front of Gabriel.

"No, grandma. Mommy and brothers say it's the right and nicest thing to always do." He corrected her with a nod while he was being preoccupied. I slipped out the back door to try and look for Jade, running pass the usual trail that the packs uses to hunt or go on patrol.