Chapter three

The flight attendant comes on and gives us a heads up about the landing in a couple minutes. I look out the window next to me as we pass over a beautiful golden wheat field. All I know about my grandpa is that he lives on a farm. How will I even go to school? I know nothing about how my life is going to be from now on. All I know is that I won't have a car for a while.

~~~after the plane lands~~~

I find my bags and slip my phone into my pocket. I walk outside to see if I can find my grandpa.

"Megan?" I turn around and see a tall fit figure. Perfect chiseled cheeks and short brown hair.

"Um yes. How do you know my name?"

"Papp's has been telling me about you. In fact I was told to come pick you up." He smiles and puts his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"Are we related?" I ask hoping we aren't. How awkward would that be to have a crush on Someone who is in your family.

"Nah." He takes my bags and starts walking.

Who is this guy? Why is he calling my grandpa "Papp's"?

I follow after him as he leads me to a big white silverado truck. I had one just like this one... Until I got into that crash.

He puts my bags in the trunk and he opens my door for me.

"I don't need you to open my door for me." I say.

"Just trying to be a gentleman." He replies with a laugh and he gets in on his side.

I roll my eyes and get in.

"So who are you?" I ask.

"My name is jake. Jake cushman. I work for your grandpa at his farm." He starts the car and we start driving.

I nod and look out my window. The smell of cow manure fills my nose. Looks like I'm gonna be around this smell a lot.

"You ever been to the great state of Wyoming before?" He looks at me and then back at the road.

"No. My dad grew up here though."

"What happened to him?"

I swallow hard before answering.

"He is in jail."

"Oh I'm sorry. I shouldn't ha-"

"No it's alright." I say cutting him off.

We sit there in silence for a while. I pull out my phone and check the time.

"That kind of technology won't last long here meg." He says pointing to my phone.

"Meg?"

"Oh sorry. Can I call you meg?" He asks.

I nod and smile. He looks at me with his blue eyes. I get lost in them for a second. He is staring at me and I'm staring at him. We hear a honk and jake pulls the steering wheel so we are back on to our side of the road.

I can't help but laugh and jake laughs as well.

"I'm also in charge of making sure you stay out of trouble." He laughs.

"So your basically my older brother?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

He nods while he smiles at the road. Oh great I have an older brother. Who happens to be the hottest guy I have ever seen. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

We take a turn and drive down a dirt road until a big log cabin house comes into view. It's surrounded by a huge field and a barn hiding to the right behind some trees.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He asks.

I nod and smile at him. I might actually like it here.