Chapter two

"I tried to protect you." She says as she stops and stairs at the ground.

"What?"

"I thought I could keep you from becoming like your dad. You have his eyes and his nose. You remind me of him. He was a good man. He just hung out with the wrong people."

"My friends have nothing to to do with this." I glare at her.

She nods.

"Your becoming just like your father." She looks at me.

I shake my head and look away.

"Megan do you not understand what's going to happen? Your gonna end up in jail with your father! The guy you crashed into lost his son! His eight year old son!" She yells and begins to cry.

She throws a picture onto my lap and heads to the door.

"I can't even look at you anymore." She slams the door.

I look at the picture resting on my lap. I flip it over and see a small boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. The prettiest eyes. My mind races as I think of how he won't be able to have a girl friend, go to prom, or high school, not even college. Because of me.

I cry non stop for an hour before my mom returns. Her eyes are red and puffy.

"If your gonna become like your father then your going to love like your father." She crosses her arms.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I ask.

"Your going to Wyoming to live with your grand father. Your dad's father. I already called grandpa and told him. As for your father, I called his lawyer."

"Your.. Sending me away?"

She nods and lets the tears flow again.

"And on the other hand your friends are being punished as well. Ashley is being kicked off the cheer squad, Alex and Brayden can kiss football good bye, and Cassandra won't be going to state with the volleyball team this year. They are all no longer students at sumner high school." She looks me right in the eye.

Not only my life is falling apart but my friends life's are as well.

"What about me going to jail?" I clench my jaw and stare at her.

"I don't know. But your going to be out of the state of Washington in two days." And with that she walks out.

She is accusing me of becoming like my father. It's not my fault I have the same blood as him. His choices are reflecting on me. I never want to see him.

It's all my fault. Why did I drink all that damn beer. I'm stupid. Now I have to go love with my grandpa. Ugh.

~~~two days later~~~

It's been two days since my mom has came to see me. Still there's no sign of her.

"Good morning mrs. Megan." Doctor Barry comes in.

Good morning Sargent dumb ass.

"Today is the day you get to leave." He smiles and checks everything.

The nurse brings in two hugs suitcases and my Victoria secret bag. She sets a plane ticket on my lap and my iPhone.

"Who's gonna drive me to the airport?" I ask.

"I am." The nurse says.

Is she even allowed to do that?

The doctor takes all the cords out of me and I get dressed. He hands me my crutches and some pills I need to take. The nurse helps me get everything into her car.

When we arrive I thank her and board my plane. For the next two hours I listen to my music on my phone.

I wonder what Wyoming is like. I look through my phone and realize my mom deleted her number from my phone. Wow she really doesn't want to see me again.