Chapter one

I start the car and pull out away from the loud music and drunk teens. I turn up my music really loud and jam out. I take my hands off the wheel and wave them around. I speed down the road and through a red light.

"And your gonna hear me ROA-"

I feel my body fly forward. I hit something hard but I fly right through it. My head hits the ground and I'm covered in shards. Glass shards. I hear my car alarm going off and lights flashing around me. My hand goes up to my head as it throbs. I look at my hand. It's covered in glass and thick red blood. I begin to feel cold as I freak out. It turns black and I fade.

~~~next morning~~~

A bright light seeps through my window and almost blinds me. At least I think it's my window. I lift my head but I get a sharp pain and lay back down. I look at my arms and see all these cords and needles in me. What the hell happened to me?

I see bruises on my arms and my head is pounding. As I realize my leg in in a huge pink cast my eyes fill with water. I break down in tears not knowing what's going on.

I find stitches on my cheek bone and my forehead. My hands have dry blood all over them. As for my head? It's wrapped in a thick bandage.

"Megan?!" I hear a voice yell.

I turn my head and see my mom in the door way. She's gasping and crying. It's so good to see her. Maybe she can tell me where the hell I am.

She rushes over to me and grabs my hand. I wince and she notices my pain. She lets go and pulls up a chair.

"Where am I mom?"

"Your in a hospital."

"Why am I in the hospital?" I start crying again.

We are interrupted by the doctor. He walks in with his clipboard and looks at all the machines around me.

"Hello Megan. I'm doctor Barry."

"Why am I here." I glare at him.

"You got into a car crash last night. You flew through the windshield because you didn't have your seatbelt on. Fortunately you survived. That's extremely rare with all your injuries. You were very lucky." He sits down in a chair across from me.

"You broke your leg, you have stitches in your eyebrow and on your cheek bone. You suffered a major concussion and there are 17 stitches on the side of your head so don't scratch." He smiles.

I don't find that funny. In fact I want to pounce on him and stitch his mouth shut.

"Now. We did a couple tests on you last night to find why you would have gotten into a crash in the first place." He looks at my mom and she adjusts herself.

"What do you mean? My daughter is a very responsible driver."

"You look a little young to be drinking Megan." He looks at me and then at my mother.

She gasps and looks at me. Her eyes water and her hands cover her mouth. The doctor gets up to leave and he closes the door. My mom stands up and starts pacing.

"Mom please stop your making my head hurt just by watching you." I laugh a bit trying to ease the tension.