Chapter 11

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (except Celeste, she's mine.) BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICK RIORDAN. I DO NOT OWN THE PJO/HoO SERIES!!!

Chapter 11 - Leo

Leo wasn't trying to get knocked overboard, it just happened.

There had been an explosion where Leo was standing earlier. It happened so quickly and Leo had thought he was dead.

Fortunately, he didn't die. He was simply whisked overboard. The water rushed towards him quickly and he braced himself for impact. He sucked in a large breath just as he shot under.

Quickly, he swam to the surface, sputtering and gasping for air. He wished he was Percy.

He swam over towards the rope ladder Frank had left dangling over the side but was disappointed to find it ripped in half as if something had slashed it with a sword.

Suddenly, a whir of wind whipped his face and a splash popped up next to him. He jumped.

Celeste broke the surface next to him, but she did not sputter and gasp like Leo had. In fact, she showed no signs of having held her breath at all.

"I heard you scream." she said, brushing hair out of her eyes. Leo was about to say something when he noticed Celeste was dry.

"Um. Thanks. But now we're both stuck down here." He yelled. "Unless you happen to have Percy with you? But you don't because he's unconscious."
Leo shouted more harshly then he meant.

On the note of Percy being unconscious, it had happened so fast that the memory was a blur, but Leo remembered.

When the mast of the ship exploded, chunks of wood had flown everywhere.

Only Leo and Percy were above deck at the time. Leo had fallen overboard and Percy had gotten knocked unconscious by several large chunks of wood.

So now, he and Celeste were stuck. No one else would jump down because then they would be stuck as well. They could throw down rope, but the last of it was near the mast, and exploded.

Just Leo's luck.

"I don't need Percy, I can do it myself." Celeste said quickly. She immediately clapped her hand over her mouth and cursed herself in Ancient Greek.

"What do you mean?" Leo asked.

"Um, nothing. Forget I said it." She said.

Leo knew she was holding back, but now was not the time to ask.

"So, what are we being attacked by?" Celeste asked.

Leo narrowed his eyes in thought. He tried to remember what it was he saw.

"I'm not sure. They looked old and they had wings." Leo said, searching his memories for some kind of decent glimpse of what he saw earlier.

Leo froze when he saw Celeste's pale face.

"What's wrong?" He asked her.

"Arai." She said.

"What?" Leo asked.

Celeste scrambled towards the boat and beat on it with her fists. "Help!!!" She screamed above.

The face of Annabeth appeared over the railing. "Celeste? Leo? What are you doing down there?" She asked.

Celeste groaned. "That doesn't matter right now! Everyone needs to be prepared! We're being attacked by-"

A large boom cut Celeste off. Annabeth tumbled backward, almost getting thrown off the railing.

"What was that!?" Annabeth screamed. "Is Percy with you!?"

Leo's eyes widened. "He was up there! Is he gone?"

Annabeth paled. She muttered something and rushed off. Leo was about to call her back when Celeste jerked his hand.

"Come on, we got to find Percy." She said.

Leo barely had time to protest before she dragged him underwater. He was shocked when he could breathe.

"Tell anyone and I swear I'll kill you myself Valdez." Celeste said without looking at him.

"You're a daughter of Poseidon. Percy's sister." Leo sputtered. Then he realized he spoke underwater. He shook the thought away.

How come Percy didn't know about her? Why did she all of a sudden visit now? Family reunion?

"I'd prefer not to talk about it. Come on." Celeste said, dragging Leo farther.

Leo was worried that the water pressure would start to kill him, but Celeste seemed like she had it under control. He felt a little relieved to be with her.

When they finally broke the surface, they found Percy, unconscious, and floating.

"Percy!" Celeste cried out. They lifted him up onto their shoulders and carried his limp body back to the boat.

However, they were shocked to find monsters on board the Argo 2, one for each demigod on board.

Jason was injured badly. Every time he killed one of the creatures, he yelled out in pain as if he were hurting himself and not the monster.

Annabeth was pale-faced as she held her sword towards one of the monsters.

She did not strike. She simply dodged whenever the monster tried to attack her. She'd obviously fought these things before.

Frank and Hazel were back to back, fending off the things. They both looked weak and could barely protect themselves, much less each other.

Meanwhile, Piper was near Jason, holding her dagger, Katropis, and her cornucopia. She shot food at the winged creatures who only snarled as if they were laughing.

Suddenly, another explosion blasted the ship. Then Leo realized that the monsters had Greek fire. "Great" Leo thought.

"We have to help them!" Celeste shouted to him.

"But how?" Leo asked.

The explosion knocked Annabeth into Piper and they both slumped forward, unconscious. Suddenly, the boat formed a crack down the middle, separating Annabeth, Piper, and Jason from Frank and Hazel.

Jason tried to fly over the crevice, but he already looked weak. With his last willpower, he helped Annabeth and Piper up as they jumped off just in time. They hit the water just as their side of the boat exploded.

Frank and Hazel were dazed. Suddenly, Celeste reached into Leo's belt and ripped out a grappling hook.

"Wait, why didn't you think of this before!?" He yelled.

"Well, I didn't know things came out of your tool belt then! I only noticed when you were fumbling around with it just now, pulling out nails." She said.

Leo got mad at himself for not thinking of using his tool belt earlier.

Hazel and Frank noticed the grappling hook as it hooked onto the railing next to them.

Frank grabbed Hazel by the waist, took his bow and used it for a zip line, and then jumped overboard with Hazel in tow.

They splashed into the water next to Leo, Percy, and Celeste in seconds flat.

"Under!" Celeste screamed. No one objected.

They all went underwater as the other half of the Argo 2 exploded.