Chapter 3: The Incident

When we finally got to our lockers, everyone was already gone.

"Oh my gosh. I guess we spent more time in the math room talking to Mrs.Stellar then I had thought." I said as we both opened our lockers.

"Ha ha I guess we did." Bridget replied.

We both laughed together as we grabbed our backpacks and slammed our lockers shut.

When we got outside, it was really dark and gloomy. The sky was dark grey and the wind was whistling.

"Wow. It was so pretty outside like an hour ago. What happened?" Bridget asked.

"I don't know, but it looks like a pretty bad storm, so we should walk quickly" I replied.

And we did, but the farther we got from the school, the darker and windier it got.

"Uh Julia, maybe we should go back to the school. I don't know if this is safe." Bridget said in a shaking voice.

"I would agree with you, but were to far away to go back now, we have to go,"

I was finishing my sentence, when Bridget grabbed my shoulders and turned me to face another way, and that's when I saw it.

"TORNADO!!!!" Bridget and I screamed

Tears weld up in both of our eyes, and the wind quickly grew stronger. Dust and dirt were picked up and tossed all around us.

"WHAT DO WE DO?!?!?!?!" I screamed hoping Bridget could here me.

"I DON'T KNOW! SHOULD WE GO BACK TO THE SCHOOL? OR GO HOME? I JUST DON'T KNOW!" Bridget replied screaming back to me.

But it was to late to make that decision. Glass from the windows of nearby houses shattered, and bits and pieces of debris flew. Bridget and I screamed for help, hoping someone would hear us, and help us, but the only thing we could hear, was the whistling of the wind. We knew no one would be able to help us at this point, so we had to come up with a plan ourselves. I thought to myself how much I wished I wasn't so stubborn and I had payed attention during all the lectures and demonstrations, but now it was up to Bridget and I to find a way to survive. Bridget spotted a small tarp, stuck between two rocks not far away from where we were. She quickly ran and held it in place

"JULIA! GET UNDER HERE!" She screamed off the top of her lungs.

I ran as fast as I could and grabbed her hand, and we both crawled under the tarp and held it in place, crying and praying.

"Everything is going to be ok." I told Bridget, although at this point I didn't really even believe what I had just said.

We both cried and hugged each other, and didn't let go. A few minutes later, the winds has seemed to die down.

"I'll look out and see if the coast is clear" I said

"Ok, but please be careful." Bridget replied.

I took a deep breath, and peeked my head above the tarp. Everything seemed ok I thought, so I slowly uncovered myself and looked up over the rocks, and that's when it happened.

Thousands of tiny shards of glass plummeted toward my face. Some scratched my cheeks, others my forehead, nose and chin. But nothing compared to those few small pieces that shot towards my eyes. I felt a sharp stabbing pain flood through my eyes. I shrieked and fell to the ground holding my face. I wanted to cry so bad, but the pain was much worse when my eyes were open for any given second, so I kept my eyes tightly shut and the tears flooded only in my mind. I soon felt Bridget's body next to mine, and the tarp flung over both of us. I sat very still cringing at the pain, while I felt Bridget's head cave into my shoulder and her tears running down my arm.

I hope things got more interesting for y'all! Please leave feedback on what u think so far!
<3 ~Katie :)