Chapter 5: The Dream

"I can see again! What had just happened?" I wondered.

What ever happened, I was happy, because everything was back to normal again. I looked down to the sight of my blue hospital gown, tied around my body like a robe, and flapping in the wind.

"Why was this still on?" I thought to myself.

I looked down and realized nothing was on underneath, so I tied it a little tighter, hoping that it was covering my entire body. I was........somewhere; somewhere in the middle of nowhere. All I could see was miles and miles of grass, surrounding me in all directions. It was very hot, with a slight wind, but unfortunately, the wind didn't make it any cooler. Sweat started sliding down my face. I looked around for any sign of my parents, or anyone, but I saw no one.

"Hello?" I called out.

I stood there waiting for a response, but the only thing I heard, was my echo being over powered by the wind.

"Mom?" I whispered.

The only thing I heard once again, was the whistling of the wind. My smile slowly faded and a tear rolled down my cheek. I had no idea where I was.

I heard a faint, rattling sound from behind me. I quickly spun around, but saw nothing but grass and dandelions. I felt alone.

I walked over to a small, dried up dandelion. The seeds made it look like a big, soft cotton ball. I picked it off its stem and held it close to my face. I knew my wish wouldn't come true, but at this point, I didn't care.

"I wish I knew what was going on." The little voice said in my head.

I blew, and the seeds sailed away with the wind. I stood there silently, and tears flooded down my cheeks. A few minutes later, I began to hear that familiar rattling sound, so I turned around. Below me, stood a small rattle snake just inches from my feet. I screamed, and jumped back. My heart skipped a beat, then began to race. I made no noise, just stared into its cold, dead eyes.

"Julia, calm down." The small snake replied.

My jaw dropped. Had it just talked to me? I stood shaking in fear.

"Julia, calm down, it's ok. Shhhhhh" the snake whispered again.

I started to feel dizzy. Everything started spinning in front of me. I was very confused. My world slowly faded into darkness.

Sorry it's been such a long time! I've had a ton of gymnastics competitions and a writers block LoL. Hopefully I'll be on more frequently! :) Please leave feedback!! I love reading your comments! Luv u guys!

~Katie <3