Just Another Girl

5/28/15
It's been a few months since we've been over. There is no "us", just a broken you and me. I'm sorry things didn't turn out the way we planned. And I know I did nothing wrong but I could have done something. Something to save us but it's too late because now I'm just another girl.
It's been a year and you finally got over me. You wonder how I'm doing but you don't spend too much time thinking about just another girl because you have her. I'm still broken over you and what could have happened. But you're stuck on her, not having a care in the world.
It's been two years and you have completely forgotten about me. The late night conversations and random check ups stopped without notice. You aren't in pain though because you're happy with her. I'm still hurting even though I lost you so long ago. Why do I still care? I'm just another girl.
It's been ten years and we meet at a coffee shop accidentally. We talk about life and how things are going. We're happy in that moment. But I catch a glimpse of the ring on your left hand and tears come to my eyes. I don't ask because I'm afraid to know. A bit later, she walks in holding her stomach while directing a five-year old boy over to our table. You call his name in excitement while hugging him. And then you say goodbye to me without introducing us because I'm just another girl and she's your fairytale queen.