1:47pm

standing in front of andromeda and the sea monster sculpture, devon grew bored of looking at all the art. after all it had been nearly three hours of them walking around the museum.

"mama can we go get food now?" devon pouts, looking up at her mother who was captured by the sculpture.

nodding her head without looking at devon, rehani turns to yoongi ready to bid the nice guy farewell.

"no mama, all of us." devon whispers, tugging at her moms hand.

the whisper actually being audible enough for yoongi to hear, rehani feeling super imposed on his day already she didn't want to bother him any further.

rehani looks to yoongi whose smiling lightly, acting as if he hadn't heard.

"sugarpie, can you go take some pictures to show granny?" rehani asks devon, a simple tactic to give the adults alone time to speak.

"of course!" devon gladly takes her moms phone, going off to take pictures as she was asked to.

rehani side steps once to get in an ear shot of yoongi, awkwardly looking at him to meet his eyes. the two awkwardly chuckle when making eye contact, crossing her arms over her chest she glances to her daughter then back to yoongi.

"i'm sorry if we've disturbed your day, devon has a tendency of befriending everyone she comes across." rehani begins, making light conversation.

"she's a cute kid, reminds me of my friends daughter, and don't worry y'all made my day more interesting." yoongi tells her.

"thank you." rehani proudly smiles at his compliment to her child. "we're about to head to lunch, uhh...." stammering over her thoughts yoongi butts in.

"i'd love to join!" not thinking that'd be his reply, rehani begins to wonder why he'd want to hang out with some random lady and her kid.

but before she could ask on, devon comes skipping back a satisfied look on her face.

"granny said she'd call you at five, and she loves my pictures i took." devon says handing the iphone back to her mom.

"ok thank you sugarpie." sliding her phone into her purse, rehani looks at the two.

"we ready to go then?" she asks aloud.

devon looks up to yoongi as does rehani, waiting for his response.

"yup, lets go."

the three haul a taxi going to mexicue to eat a late lunch. devon sits between the two looking at the pictures yoongi took, completely fascinated by them. rehani quietly watched as her daughter carefully listened to yoongi go over photography stuff, devon amazed at how good the photos were. especially the pictures she'd snuck into from their earlier meet.

arriving at the restaurant yoongi pays the driver, despite rehani insisting she'd cover the rides expenses, the three are seated and given menus.

after ordering their food devon scurries off to go play with other kids in the restaurant while they waited, giving yoongi and rehani perfect time to chat.

"do you live here?" yoongi asks first.

rehani shakes her head no, setting her cup of water down after taking a sip.

"i live in south carolina, how about you?"

"no," he shakes his head as well. "i recently moved to la a few years ago, but i'm from south korea."

"oh, really? i was there about two years ago!" rehani excitedly says.

this surprises yoongi although he knows many tourist visit his lovely country now, it surprised him.

rehani goes to continue. "i was studying abroad during college at korea national university of arts, stayed for about a year and a half. i was going to ask if you were korean but didn't wanna say something stupid and offend you."

yoongi chuckles at that, the tension between the two slowly easing away.

"you wouldn't have offended me, most people are quick to assume i'm chinese." he rolls his eyes at the ignorant people he's met in his life.

"what were you studying by the way?" he quickly wonders.

"i'm a cellist. that's why i'm here in new york, the symphony i belong to are performing tomorrow night in central park." she happily answers.

"a cellist." he repeats. "i'd never guess that."

the food arrives, rehani calls devon back over to come eat. the three enjoy their lunch, with devon being the center of attention yet again.

[[a/n: my gifs won't work.