Chapter Twenty | The New Kid

In the middle of a vast ocean

One whale speaks softly and lonelily

The fact that no matter how much the shout, it won't reach

Makes them so gravely lonely that they won't shut their mouths

Now, well, I don't care

When only the thing called loneliness remains by my side

I've become completely alone

BTS WHALIEN 52

10/24 8:15 AM

Thank God for Fridays. This whole week has been another disaster, but I'm used to that, right? I just pray for most of this stuff to be quickly done with. Jimin's the one who drove me to school today, and there were lots of whispers in the hall. Not the usual, where they're murmuring and glaring at me. They were... excited? But for what?

"ChimChim, do you know what everyone's excited about?" I ask, curious.

He shakes his head, looking curiously at the students packed together. "No idea."

We met with the others soon enough, and Taehyung flashes me a big grin. "Did you hear?"

"About what?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

Namjoon shoves his hands in his pockets, looking nonchalant. "We're getting a new student."

I widen my eyes, "Really? What grade?"

"Ours, evidently," Hoseok smiles. "Some people already saw her!"

"Her?" I purse my lips. "Wait, so we're getting a new girl in our grade?"

"Yeah, and she's already getting into A1," Jungkook says, his eyes lighting up. "She must be really smart, chances are her parents haven't had time to bribe yet. Man, another genius."

I frown, chewing the inside of my cheek. Jimin throws his arm around my shoulders, side hugging me. "Hey, what's with the long face? Aren't you excited?"

"Yeah, she probably hasn't heard any... rumors yet. Maybe we can incorporate her into our group," Jungkook suggests.

"Yeah, I mean you could have some sort of gal pal, that'd be exciting," Yoongi shrugs. "I'm sure it's difficult for you to be around just guys 24/7."

"Not really..." I mumble.

"Yeah, plus you can do girl things with them. Like braid each other's hair, do makeovers, talk about guys, that's what girls do right?" Taehyung laughs.

"Wow, you watched too many chick-flicks," Jin shakes his head.

"Well, I've never really been into that sort of thing..." I grumble, "And, well, I'm fine with things staying like this."

"Sounds like you don't really want to get to know her," Namjoon looked at me suspiciously, licking his lips.

"I never said that," I protest, fidgeting and looking down. In all honesty, I wasn't too keen on the idea. I mean, she'd end up being corrupted by all of the rumors about me, and she might turn. That's what girls do. And I had to admit, I wasn't that keen on the idea of sharing the guys, but perhaps I was just being selfish.

"Well, perhaps we should start trying to talk to her," Jungkook smiled. "I heard she was pretty."

I sucked in a breath, biting my lip. I'm just being selfish. The boys had every right to become friends with anyone they want. Who am I to stand in the way, because I was being petty?