Chapter Twenty-Three | Letters of Apology

I completely forgot about my childhood

When I had a lot of dreams

BTS NO MORE DREAM

10/28 6:30 AM

I was on my way to school, skipping breakfast for my walk. A car pulls up from behind me, and I look to it in alarm. "Oh come on! You've got to be shitting me, aren't you guys done yet? How am I supposed to shake you off?" I groan. It drives slowly beside me. No window rolling down. Hell, the windows are shaded.

"I'm not getting in that damn car," I grit my teeth. I didn't recognize the car. Did they get a new one in order to trick me into getting in? A thought crosses my mind. What if they're bullies like yesterday?

I watch the car carefully, which showed no sign of leaving me. My heart starts pounding in my ears, my mind jumping to first case scenarios. What if my bullies hired a hitman? It wouldn't be the first time they tried to kill me. What if it was some sort of kidnapper trying to sell me as a sex slave? Worse, what if it's one of the guys in there, waiting for the right moment to yell at about being such a bitch?

I bolt, running through alleyways and dodging corners. Crap, at least I'm vaguely aware of where I am. Those rich fucks should have no idea how to get through these narrow spaces. I squeeze through this small space that only someone with as skinny a frame as I could fit through.

Sliding through, I pop through. I fist pump the air, believing I'm free, but scream in fright as a hand pops out from the crack, and I bolt again. "I swear, J-Hope or V, you two are crazy enough to do this, GO AWAY!" I scream, bolting.

I jump up onto a box, kicking off where the entire thing would topple back. I'm successful, hopping onto various other stable platforms to return to the floor. I keep running, thankful for my stamina that's built up over the years whilst running from bullies.

My eyes widen as I hear footsteps running behind me, and I quickly cut corners, screaming louder as I felt a hand tug at my hair. Hell, no! I speed up. What're some spots I saw before? Come on, I've got to see some that I've found be- There it is!

I slide down, going through the small hole made in the crates stacked up like a pyramid. This was one of the few places in this poor area that actually had some business, but when they constantly loaded up their crates and boxes with fresh and rotten fruit alike, things tend to be a bit hoarded.

I pop back up, running again. There's absolutely no way they can still be after me. I must've lost them long ago, I must have!

I hear my name being called, and thinking quickly, I grab a piece of metal, turning around quickly to point it at the one pursuing me. The tip of the sharp metal meets the long neck of none other than Helena.

She throws her hands up, her eyes wide. I widen my eyes as well.

"What the fuck are you doing? Chasing me? Hell, I did all that parkour shit to run from some barbie doll? You've got to be kidding me!" I hiss. "Leave now, I'm serious. I'm not sure if you're here to stalk me or just jeer at me, but this is my territory, not yours. The people won't give two shits if you're hurt, hell, your car is probably getting keyed right now. You shouldn't have followed me."

"Just hear me out," she says calmly, staring me in the eye.

I glower, "Oh, I did that yesterday."

"Can we talk?" Helena asks, glancing down at the metal. "Without you threatening to slit my throat."

"I'm afraid that'll never happen; I'll always threaten to slit your throat," I narrow my eyes, dragging the metal up a little bit. She had to point her chin up now, staring at me.