Dad

The next morning, we all woke up early and got dressed.
(That's right..I completely forgot it last night, but it's been a year
Today since died died..)
Doctors don't know what caused it, he apparently caught a rare disease that didn't have a cure. We all did what we could to support him, but it just wasn't enough..
Once we make it to the grave yard and exit the car, Casey grabs my hand, and we all walk to our father's grave together. Once there, mom places flowers on his grave, and we all gather around, holding hands.
"Boys, why don't we say a few kind words to your father..?"
Since I'm at the end of the line, I start.
"Dad..I'm..getting better, I think. But..I really miss you. Every time I wake up, I still expect you to be in the living room, watching some weird western show..laughing at strange things. I..miss it. I miss you, a lot. I always think about you, every day..I love you.."
I can feel tears building up, as Casey begins to speak.
"Dad..I know we didn't always get along, but you're the person I looked up to most. I remember..we always fought over who won or lost a game whenever we played..I just..can't do that with anyone else..it's not the same.
I miss you a lot too..and I hope we can be together again some day."
Finally, mom speaks, tears running down her face.
"Honey, I love you..so much. I can't wen look at other men..because you're the only one for me. Don't worry though, I'm happy not moving on, because we've raised such wonderful sons together. I don't want to share our memories or hard work with anyone else. I love you so much..you still mean the world to me."
She breaks down into tears, and I try to help her. Casey takes me away for a moment.
"Can you take mom to the car for a moment and comfort her? I..need to say something else..kinda private."
I nod, going over and grabbing moms hand, and take her to the car.
I grab a few napkins from the armrest and help her dry her tears.
"W-what's Casey do-doing?" She asks between sobs.
"He said he needed to say something private. He should be back soon."
Not long after, Casey's right behind me, causing me to jump. "Darn it Casey!! Don't sneak up on me like that!"
"Haha, sorry! So..you feelin' better, mom?"
"Yeah,I'm fine.I'm..ready to go now, if you guys are."
We all get into the car and head home.
Right when we walk into the door, the house phone rings.
"Hello?" I answer.
"Hey Tyyler!! Can we hang out for a bit?" My girlfriend, Candi, asks.
"Sure. I..need to talk to you anyway."
"Alright. Meet me at my place pleeaaase!" With that, we both hang up.
"Hey mom, I'm going to Candi's."
"Alright Tyler, be careful!"
"I will."
As I head to the door, I can feel eyes on me. I turn to face them, seeing that it was Casey who was staring.
"I'll uh..be back soon."
"Yeah. Bye." He says in a slightly cold tone.
I leave, feeling saddened by how he acted.
(Why did he seem so upset..?)