Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Jae Nin’s been waiting for yeol for almost 2 hours. The temperature gets colder. Her loneliness adds to the coldness she’s feeling. He’ll be here. I know he didn’t forget about me. She thought. Tears were started running down her tired eyes.  Just a few more minutes. I’ll wait.

Just then, she saw a tall guy wearing a black coat and a furry hat. She stood up at once and smiled. Her heart, beating so fast. She’d never felt so breathless before. She knew that stand, that furry hat they bought, and that eyes. She hurriedly wiped off her tears and said:

“Chan Yeol.” Her voice cracked a little. Her breath, so cold. Chan Yeol didn’t respond. He looked at her blankly. No expression. Cold.

“You got my message. I ‘m so happy to----“

“No. I was just passing here because I need to by something over there.” He points out to a souvenir store and started walking away.

“Chan Yeol!” he stopped.

“I’m sorry I didn’t come back! I’m sorry I ignored your calls and changed my number! I’m sorry I lied about the flight! I’m sorry I didn’t spend Christmas with you! I’m sorry, Yeol!” she gave him a back hug. Her arms wrapped so tight because she missed him so much. She’s crying. She can’t control her feelings anymore. She wants to say everything. But she still holds the thought of him leaving her.

Chan Yeol escaped from her hug and faced her.

“Sorry?! Is it all what you’re going to say?! After leaving me for 2 fucking years, you’re just going to say sorry?! Do you even know, how hard it, being alone?!”

Her head aches. Her tears were countless.

“Ever wonder why I’m famous right now? It’s because of you!” he pointed at her like a useless creature. “Because, I wanted you to know, that I still exist! That there’s this Chan Yeol waiting for you! But did you ever notice that?!”

“I’m so sorry.” She took a step near him, but he stepped away.

“What are you?! A sorry machine?! You’re very irritating. Don’t talk to me again. My fans will kill me if they find out about you, and my popularity might go down.” He turned his back and started walking away.

He can still hear her calling his name. The snow fell harder. The temperature got even colder. Jae Nin was still crying. Her head aches a lot. She runs her finger through her head. Her knees, down to the ground.

“Aaah…” her little scream of pain, her head was like breaking into ruins. Thinking about Chan Yeol makes it more unbearable. The fact that he came late, he didn’t notice she was wearing his favorite color, and he didn’t even remember that it’s her birthday today. All of these make Jae Nin tear to pieces.

“Aaah…” no one can hear her little scream. Not even Yeol. Her vision began to blur. Her eyes start closing. Until she saw darkness.

---

He woke up. His eyes were red and bloated. His head aches because of too much alcohol he had last night. 7:30 am. Their flight is 11:30 am. He went to the bathroom and did his morning routine. As the water ran down from his tired body, he starts analyzing things. What had happened last night.

“Chan Yeol.” A voice rings in his head. Yes. He really did meet  Jae Nin after 2 years. He thought it was a dream.

After he finished doing his routine, he arranged his things and left his room.