Chapter 4

Chapter 4

She woke up. The room. It’s different. Very different. She’s not a the hospital. She’s not at their apartment. She’s at somebody else’s room. The room was painted white and the furniture’s were in the touch of black. A modern style room. It looked like a men’s room. The door opened. She saw Chan Yeol.

“What are you doing here?!” he asked.

“Chan Yeol.”

“I said, what are you doing here?! Get out!” he shouted. She felt like she’s being killed over and over again. Yeol’s sharp words hit her. She can’t count anymore the tears she’d shed. Kai entered the room immediately when he heard Chan Yeol shout. He carried Jae Nin and brought her to his room.

“Jongin oppa.” She said as she wiped her tears and trying to fix herself.

“How are you?”

“Fine. I’m okay.” Kai chuckled. He leaned his back on the chair, like a boss.

“You two are very much alike. You can’t tell a lie that well.”

Jae Nin stared at him. Tears were gathering at the end of her eye. And as soon as she closed it, tears were falling down.  Her sobs were louder. Kai immediately hugged her and stroked her back.

“He shouted at me like I’m nothing! Like I’m some disgusting creature! Did he really forget about me? Every day of my life, all did I do was think of him!” she cried more and hugged Kai tighter.

“Ssh.. it’s okay. Stop crying now.”

After a few moments, Jae Nin escaped Kai’s hug. Her eyes were red and tired. She looks wasted.

“Can you tell me what had happened, 2 years ago?” Kai asked. Jae Nin took a deep breath and faced him.

“Back here in Korea, I was experiencing major headaches. Then, it was found out that I have brain cancer, stage 2…” she paused and started crying again. “They said that my treatment should be done in London. At first, I rebelled against that. But in the end, I lost. I don’t know how the hell will I tell Chan Yeol about that! So I made up lies and excuses. I’ve hurt him. So much.”

“Worst part is, my cancer spread before I was subjected to treatment. That explains why…why it took almost 2 years, because it had no effect on me.” Kai felt pity on her. She’s been suffering so hard. He can’t say anything that’ll comfort her. He just hugged her and let her sleep on his shoulders.

---

Jae Nin’s condition is worse than ever. She’s getting thinner, and weaker. She was rushed to the hospital again, because she can’t take the pain anymore. Jo Mein’s eyes were tired. She lacked sleep. She’s too busy looking out for Jae Nin.

“Can you get my Hello Kitty blanket?” she asked Jo Mein with her groggy voice. Jo Mein smiled and got up.