It's Hard to Say Goodbye

8am the next morning......................

Yusei sighed happily as he pulled the warm body closer to him. Bruce rolled over and snuggled into his side and fell asleep.

Alfred came in and opened the curtains and Yusei groaned. "Good morning you two, it's time to get up." He said softly as Yusei got up, but Bruce snored lightly.

"I'll get him up Alfred and good morning to you as well." He replied stretching.  Alfred nodded and walked out the room.

Yusei shook Bruce and Bruce sighed snuggling into the pillows. "Bruce, dear it's time to get up." He said kissing him as Bruce opened his red sleepy eyes.

He yawned and sat up rubbing his eyes. "Hmfhh." He said closing his eyes as Yusei sighed and put him on his back. He got up and walked out the room to the kitchen and everyone looked up and smiled.

Bruce was knocked out on his back while Yusei looked at the machine in the living room. "What's this?" He asked softly and Barry smiled.

"The machine to get us back! Now we can go home!" He said and Yusei looked at them and behind him at Bruce who snuggled into his neck.

"But..." He said as the others looked at Bruce on his back. "You know...you could always visit." Clark said softly and Yusei blinked and stared at him.

Bruce looked up yawning and stared at everyone blinking. Yusei put him down and Bruce stood there rubbing his eyes. "Good morning..." He replied still trying to wipe the sleep from his eyes.

"Good morning." They responded as he finally noticed the machine in the middle of the room. "That's the dimension machine I was talking about." He said looking at it.

"Yeah, now we can go home." Diana said as Bruce blinked and looked at Yusei. "Oh...." He said softly as he stood back up and looked at the others biting his lip.

"Then I'll stay here." He said and they stared at him with wide eyes. "Bruce you can't, you have a business back home, and what about your promise to Gotham?" Oliver reminded softly and Bruce looked down thinking.

"But..." He said and they others looked at them sadly. "Bruce." Yusei called as he walked up to him and smiled sadly.

"You have to go back, it's not like I won't see you again...I'll visit all the time." He said and Bruce looked at him and sighed. "But it's not the same..." He said softly and Yusei chuckled and kissed him.

"You'll be fine for at least a day, I'll visit you tomorrow, but Gotham needs their hero back." Yusei said and Bruce hugged him.

"But...I'll miss you...too much." Bruce whispered softly as Yusei pulled back kissing him. "I'll miss you too, but I'll see you tomorrow." He said softly and Bruce nodded.

"Here keep this...I want you to keep this safe for me." Yusei said giving Bruce a black little box and closing his hand around it. "Don't open it until after you get home okay?" Yusei said and Bruce looked up through his hair nodding.

"Then you take this." Bruce said taking off his necklace and giving it to Yusei. "It's my good luck charm...my mother gave it to me before she passed." Bruce said and Yusei smiled.

"Bruce...are you ready?" Dick asked as Bruce looked at him and nodded sadly. They turned on the machine and the others walked through while Alfred and the boys stayed as Bruce kissed Yusei one more time before pulling away and walking to the portal.

"Bruce.." He said softly and Bruce looked back trying to hold it together. "See you later." He said as Bruce nodded and went through the portal.

Yusei shook the boys and Alfred's hand and smiled sadly. "Take care of him and tell him to smile more. And tell him I love him." Yusei said and they nodded and went through the portal.

Yusei closed it and destroyed the machine as tears fell from his eyes. "Goodbye my love." He said and walked away to get a trash bag.

.......................in Gotham...................

Alfred was the last to come through the portal and Bruce stared at the portal until it began to shut.

"Yusei said he loves you and that you should smile more." Dick said as Bruce stared and his eyes widened and ran towards the portal.

"He's going to destroy the machine!" Bruce yelled as the portal closed. He fell and stared at where the portal once was.

"Master Bruce, why don't we go upstairs and get you some warm milk and cookies." Alfred said softly as Bruce sat there staring at the empty space.

He turned and looked at Alfred nodding as he got up. He felt something in his hands and remembered the box Yusei gave him.

He opened and covered his mouth as tears fell. They looked as they say an engagement ring and attached to it was a note.

My one and only love
My sunshine on a cloudy day
The yin to my yang
I'm sorry if I hurt you like this
But you have a life as do I here
Please don't cry and remember to smile
I love you my angel
And we may never see each other again but if I we did....

Would you marry me?
Goodbye for now, and see you later.

Love Yusei Fudo

It said as they stared at Bruce who tool the ring out and put it on his finger. He smiled and wiped his eyes as Alfred walked with him upstairs.

The others stared sadly as they followed them upstairs. Alfred led Bruce to the kitchen and theft both started making cookies.

After the cookies got done, Bruce grabbed one and started nibbling on it and looked at the sky seeing the bat signal.

He sighed and finished his cookie and got up smiling. "Well...duty calls, I'll see you later Alfred, bye boys." Bruce said walking downstairs to the cave.

"I think he's going to be okay." Alfred said and they looked at him. "How do you know?" Hal asked and Alfred smiled.

"Because I raised him and he'll get over this." Alfred replied as they nodded.